epic/iconic movies you're ashamed to admit you've NEVER seen

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Schindlers list is definetly one that iveheards amazing but never got round to seeing. Everyone seems to love The nightmare before Christmas and when i say to friends ive never seen it there always shocked. One day ill get round to watching both!

I have however seen titanic, when i was a kid my parents dragged me there, hated leanardo decaprios character, hated him. Ironically hes now one of my faviourite actors! How times change, still havent rewatched titanic tho!

OMG, I own Nightmare Before Christmas, I LOVE that movie, you have to see it!!! Lol

And I went through the EXACT same thing with Leonardo DiCaprio. I used to call him Leonardo DiCRAPio, and he was one of the reasons I was so opposed to seeing Titanic, but now he's awesome! I love Inception!

Seeing as its christmas soon, i might make this the year i finally watch Nightmare Before Christmas, if i can find someone to tend it off.

haha i used to call him that too! Inception is unreal (Nolan is amazing, Memento is a mind blower to if youve not seen it), i love most of his films now, i loved Shutter Island, Gangs of New York was fantastic, to many to name. I love films!

Nolan is THE MAN. 'nuff said. lol Memento is phenomenal!

Gangs of New York is soooo on my list! I caught the beginning of it once and was totally hooked into it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Braveheart (90s version of Avatar)

negative. the 90's version of Avatar is Dances with Wolves.

and i'm a classic movie buff. Casablanca, Throne of Blood, the Seven Samuri, Gone with the Wind, (original) Scarface, on the waterfront, plus countless others, i've seen.

you all make me sick.
  • letmedrown
    Options
    Watch Gangs of new York its brilliant. Daniel Day-Lewis is as good as actors get!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    The Goonies
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    The Goonies

This is funny because I literally have this on tv right now, as I type.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Watch Gangs of new York its brilliant. Daniel Day-Lewis is as good as actors get!

No kidding, he is awesome! Amazing in Last of the Mohicans (although I seriously can't watch the cliff scene because it's sooo sad!)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I haven't seen any of the OP's movie list. I haven't seen a lot of "iconic" movies. I'm not so sure I'm too ashamed however! lol
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Braveheart (90s version of Avatar)

negative. the 90's version of Avatar is Dances with Wolves.

and i'm a classic movie buff. Casablanca, Throne of Blood, the Seven Samuri, Gone with the Wind, (original) Scarface, on the waterfront, plus countless others, i've seen.

you all make me sick.

Hey, at least I'm admitting that I have a problem!! And I've seen a bunch of other classics.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The lion king!

Apparently this offends people! I get alot of abuse for it from my friends so that now I make a poin to deliberately not watch it :-)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I've never see the Big Lebowski, and I"m PROUD to say I've never seen any of the twilight movies
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off :blushing:
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    There's a heap but the one that stands out the most is (and don't gasp) The wizard of Oz!!!!! MANY atempts but I always manage to fall asleep right after the house falls on the wicked witch of the west---Always!!! :blushing: :blushing: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any of the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movies.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The godfather, dirty dancing, scarface, some like it hot, gone with the wind, rocky, star wars. I could go on.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I can't believe I've never see the Big Lebowski, and I"m PROUD to say I've never seen any of the twilight movies

Oh man, The Big Lebowski is classic! And good for you for not seeing the Twilight movies, I've only seen the first and I regret even that! lol
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The last Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter after 4
    Pirates of the Carribean any of them( and I love Johnny Depp)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Schindlers list is definetly one that iveheards amazing but never got round to seeing. Everyone seems to love The nightmare before Christmas and when i say to friends ive never seen it there always shocked. One day ill get round to watching both!

I have however seen titanic, when i was a kid my parents dragged me there, hated leanardo decaprios character, hated him. Ironically hes now one of my faviourite actors! How times change, still havent rewatched titanic tho!

Schindlers List is an epic movie but it doesn't surprise me when people haven't seen it because, first it is VERY dark and terrible.. it's not a happy movie, it was not a happy time. It's also a very LONG movie. It's was 4 hours in the theater and even longer on DVD. When I saw it in the theater all those many moons ago it had in intermission in the middle. You don't see that anymore with movies that are an hour and 24 minutes long.

For all of the reasons previous stated I have only seen bits and pieces of Titanic, and refuse to watch it all the way through. I do like some of Leo's recent stuff (Inception, Catch me if you Can) but I hated him back then.

I've seen nearly all the films listed in this topic, but when I think of Iconic, I think of older movies that I haven't seen and maybe because I grew up in the 80s (although they were on TV), but classic Charleston Heston stuff like Ben Hur and the Ten Commandments, I haven't seen those. I also have not seen any (other than bits and pieces of) the classic Clint Eastwood movies like Dirty Harry.

@MsWhiteParks, I love the Lion King but I would never give you a hard time about not seeing it.. some people like animated kids movies and some dont. Some like musicals and some dont.. put the two together? Yeah...
  • KatieJane83
    Options

For all of the reasons previous stated I have only seen bits and pieces of Titanic, and refuse to watch it all the way through. I do like some of Leo's recent stuff (Inception, Catch me if you Can) but I hated him back then.

I've seen nearly all the films listed in this topic, but when I think of Iconic, I think of older movies that I haven't seen and maybe because I grew up in the 80s (although they were on TV), but classic Charleston Heston stuff like Ben Hur and the Ten Commandments, I haven't seen those. I also have not seen any (other than bits and pieces of) the classic Clint Eastwood movies like Dirty Harry.

Very happy to see another Titanic hater, lol.

And I think I also need to add Ben Hur to my list.
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There's a heap but the one that stands out the most is (and don't gasp) The wizard of Oz!!!!! MANY atempts but I always manage to fall asleep right after the house falls on the wicked witch of the west---Always!!! :blushing: :blushing: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I've seen the Wizard of Oz a thousand times, but my husband, like you, can't get past the opening credits!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Never watched the whole titanic movie.. just a part of it. >:o

I am ashamed that I have seen the whole thing... Granted I was 15 and was trying to impress a girl.

Lol! You picked the wrong girl! When it came out I absolutely refused to go see it!

Seems I've made habit of that ;)