170 pounds down...10 more to go with pics

Options

Replies

• 1drwmn
    1drwmn Posts: 25
    Options
    So very inspiring!! You look awesome!! I so needed to read this too. I had rny and am struggling to get to my ultimate goal. Recently I have decided that 150 is just not attainable and revised to 170. But this gives me hope that one day I actually may be able to get there after all. I was 328 at my highest..and am currently 198. Would you mind friend-ing me?
  • AbbeyGirls
    AbbeyGirls Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and you are such an inspiration!!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story!
    You are gorgeous.... inside and out!
  • goblue443
    Options
    you look a whole new person!! congrats!! this is a testament to how hardwork really can pay off!! you're an inspiration
  • hollidayhall
    hollidayhall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    You look awesome! :) You have such a great smile!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look amazing.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats.You look amazing and should be very proud of yourself. Love the pics.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You guys really know how to make a person feel amazing. Thank you so much.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    u look really really good... congrats...
  • Tialove1
    Options
    Did you have excess skin as a result of the weightloss?
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    Did you have excess skin as a result of the weightloss?

In short. Yes. I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation in 2006 because, lets just say it wasn't pretty. I hope to fill some of the skin in my arms in legs with muscle because I really don't want any more scars.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    so inspiring!!!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and you look absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy that you've made this huge life change and found love again once more :)
  • Determined1980
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    oh my holy cows! i cannot believe thats you! im speechless...which is amazing to do.
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    I got inboxed a lot of questions about the excess skin, and it would probably be easier to answer it generally in this post than reply to each one separately. As I said before, yes, I had excess skin. The primary areas of concern were my tummy, breasts, under arms and thighs. Had I not had gastric bypass and lost it slowly and utilized more exercise early on, I'm sure this could have been less of an issue, but you will never be that big and go back to a tight firm hot bod again. I also had stretch marks galore. I remember being at my smallest weight and just being very depressed because I still looked a mess. That wasn't what I had signed up for. I expected to have bikini body like everyone else probably does too. But in actuality, I looked like a melted candle everywhere. I did ultimately have a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, but the rest wasn't within reach for me. It's just something I have to accept and live with. I used to be extremely worried about it, but over time it has gotten better and muscle helps considerably. For the sake of being brutally honest I am about to post the pics from the doctor's office when I had my plastic surgery. This will give you an honest idea of what a 150 pound weight loss can do to a formerly morbidly obese body. Please no snide comments. They aren't pretty and this takes a lot of trust in you guys to put this out there.

[img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/Thin1day/before and after/tummybefore.jpg[/img]
    The tummy

[img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/Thin1day/before and after/breastsbefore2.jpg[/img]
    the breasts

[img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/Thin1day/before and after/2monthspostop.jpg[/img]
    and this was 2 months after surgery. The scars were still very red and you can see the doctor had to do an achor cut, and it still didn't get all the skin left in the ribcage area. He said he would have to cut from the backside to get all of that as well, and I wasn't up for that.
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    This is so inspiring!! Great job you look amazing!
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    LOL...I just realized the surgery pics probably won't even get noticed on page 3. Ah well. Too late to edit the original post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!