Heart rate monitor

Options
kaylou
kaylou Posts: 375 Member
I want to get a new HRM, I am looking for a good accurate one..however I cannot stand to wear the chest strap.
There is one I found on-line called the ePulse strapless. I was wondering if anyone has purchased or used this and how it worked for them it runs between $99-$129 on different sites so I am thinking its a decent product.
It is a arm band.

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I want to get a new HRM, I am looking for a good accurate one..however I cannot stand to wear the chest strap.
    There is one I found on-line called the ePulse strapless. I was wondering if anyone has purchased or used this and how it worked for them it runs between $99-$129 on different sites so I am thinking its a decent product.
    It is a arm band.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Use the chest strap. I just bought one w/o for $62.99 and its a piece of crap.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Use the chest strap. I just bought one w/o for $62.99 and its a piece of crap.
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree. I have the Polar F4 w/ the strap and it really doesn't bother me. My mom just got the F7 and it's strap doesn't have any metal on it, it's more fabric and you might like it better; it's more money though.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    One nice thing about the chest strap ... you know you're getting smaller by the time you have to tighten it, hehe.

And a lot of times, I forget I have it on ... you really don't notice it.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I have a both and I have found my epulse accurate, provided the batteries are good, and the sensors are properly located, and you have entered your information correctly. Before you start your routine, during warm up observe your heart rate on the monitor to see if it is adjusting. You can do a quick count of your heart rate, if you are unsure.