juice detox for 7days

Options
Has anyone juiced for 7days? what where your experiences? tomorrow im going to be juiceing celery, apples, spinach, pinaple, cucumber and lemon... water fasting today which is going to be to easy as yesturday i ate an orange a banana and salad and was not hungry which is crazy! My main reason for doing this is to eliminate food cravings before christmas as i am going to london to my parents house and the house will be stocked with christmas goodies...i am one of those people that has one choc or buscuit and it uncontrolably leads to 20...once i start i cant stop... second reason is my skin i have read great reviews about the appearance of your skin after juicing and my skin has been quite active recently...3rdly weight loss but i know this will not be great as i am a normal weight...

I am quite confident that this is going to clear me out a bit, eliminate cravings, improve my skin and keep me on track for the christmas

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you that any weight you lose, is going to be water weight.. it won't be actual weight. Once you start eating normally again, it's going to come back on.. so don't be too shocked when it does.

I'd personally ditch the juicing and just eat normal meals and exercise... it will do a lot more for you and that way you can enjoy the christmas goodies and not feel bad about it.

As far as cleaning yourself out, water and fiber will do the same thing... and you don't need to starve to do it.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Fasting is certainly not going to get rid of cravings. On the contrary!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My friend did it, she was really crabby and lethargic then put back on the weight straight after. As a sort of halfway option. I have done before the "nothing cooked before noon" idea. Only juices and raw fruit/veg till after mid day. Can't really remember the effects as it was a few years ago, I think I just got bored of having to keep stocked up on fruit an veg in the end!
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have had some juice fastings years ago but of course all have individual experiences. Here is mine:
    - headaches and gravings during fasting but not too bad
    - not much change in skin
    - stomach shranck so couldn't eat as much as before (this benefit didn't last long)
    - after fasting everything tasted SO good that no wonder stomach became as usual
    - kilos that vanished, came shortly back
  • staceeyy3
    Options
    I dont have any water weight to lose i drink a lot of water its the only thing i drink...
    Iv read great reviews on getting rid of cravings and keeping the loss off because its an insentive to eat healthy after as eating anyt crap after will make you feel sick too...im already healthy hense being a normal weight! But when i am in other peoples houses i eat sweats, choc, buscuits the lot, anyways weight loss was my last reason for doing it... mainly for the skin affects and to change my pallet a bit, also i will not be starving as someone said...its going to be pretty easy to me! for me low calories is what works anyways maybe not for you guys but i have often kept weight loss off for over a year from a low calorie diet its only when i go on holidays (which i will be for christmas) that the pounds pile back on but never more than before... juicing has loads of health benefits and every once in a while a detox can be good for you thats common knoledge...a week on fruit and veg deffinatly dont go any harm!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I dont have any water weight to lose i drink a lot of water its the only thing i drink...
    Iv read great reviews on getting rid of cravings and keeping the loss off because its an insentive to eat healthy after as eating anyt crap after will make you feel sick too...im already healthy hense being a normal weight! But when i am in other peoples houses i eat sweats, choc, buscuits the lot, anyways weight loss was my last reason for doing it... mainly for the skin affects and to change my pallet a bit, also i will not be starving as someone said...its going to be pretty easy to me! for me low calories is what works anyways maybe not for you guys but i have often kept weight loss off for over a year from a low calorie diet its only when i go on holidays (which i will be for christmas) that the pounds pile back on but never more than before... juicing has loads of health benefits and every once in a while a detox can be good for you thats common knoledge...a week on fruit and veg deffinatly dont go any harm!

You can be a normal weight but be far from healthy.. hate to tell you. There are loads of people who are normal weight but their body fat is really high.

Low calories doesn't work for anyone.. thats why the weight is piling back on when you eat on holidays. It's because you are starving yourself on low calories, and when your body gets food it wants to hang on to every little morsel that it gets.. hence the weight pile on.

Start eating normally, exercising and you'll be fine.. no crazy fast or low calorie diet needed.
  • staceeyy3
    Options
    well in my case 9 stone at 5'6 and 17-18% fat, id say im healthier than most 22year olds...I put the weight on while on holidays because i am drinking fizzy drinks with alcohol (i only drink water) and i am eating out alot on huge portions then maybe going to a greasy kebab after a night out...your talking maybe from my normal maintance of around 1700 (yep thats the maintance for my weight) to about 3000 cals...il put on half a stone then, hands up i am looking for a quick fix before i go home for christmas, delighted if my skin is clear and if i put back on the weight i lose i wont mind...leaving london at 9 stone which i am now is better then leaving it at 9 and half stone...

http://girliegirlarmy.com/nosh/20090101/weight-loss-myths-and-juice-fast-tips/