i NEED past AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Options
Please tell me someone knows of some great low calorie pasta i can eat. Im dying here:sad: must have pasta soon:sad:

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Please tell me someone knows of some great low calorie pasta i can eat. Im dying here:sad: must have pasta soon:sad:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I just got a tip in real age about shirtake noodles. Or you could just a regular serving of real pasta. May be more info than you wanted:laugh:

Pasta That Won't Make You Fat?
    http://www.realage.com/ct/tips/8640
    * Pasta That Won't Make You Fat?

If you dream of eating pasta without the belly-padding, carbo-loading guilt, then check out shirataki noodles.

Because of the plant from which they are made, shirataki noodles are particularly high in fiber and low in carbohydrates. And new research suggests these Asian noodles may even help with weight, cholesterol, and blood sugar control.

Multiple Metabolic Benefits
    Shirataki noodles are made from an Asian root vegetable called konjac, which is rich in glucomannan -- a type of soluble fiber. And although glucomannan is not a magic bullet for weight loss or cholesterol and blood sugar control, a recent review of the research suggests it might help. Results from 14 different studies -- some funded by producers of glucomannan products, some not -- revealed key benefits of a glucomannan-enhanced diet, like slower digestion, increased feelings of fullness, and less absorption of cholesterol- and glucose-spiking foods. (Find out which bread brands are highest in fiber.)

How to Serve Shirataki
    Shirataki noodles are pretty mild in terms of flavor, so it's all about how they're seasoned. Try substituting them in any of your favorite savory, spicy, tangy Asian dishes, like this one from EatingWell:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Why do you not eat pasta? it's good for you, try the whole wheat varieties out there, I don't understand why people are afraid of a noodle :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta a couple of times a week. Just eat the correct serving size. My favorite sauce is chicken cacciatore. I add in extra vegetables zucchini, eggplant, colored peppers. Sometimes we grill the chicken & vegetables and then make the sauce. It is so yummy and it's not unhealthy.

Serving size is what I had to learn. Growing up we ate huge bowls and had seconds. But if you pair it with a nice salad a normal serving is enough.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I personally do pasta on my weigh in days (I weigh in the morning, of course!) so that I'm assured it doesn't affect my next weigh in. I go for whole wheat pastas and if I don't have time to make my own sauce, I go for a healthier jar option. Ragu makes a No Sugar Added that's a bit easier on the calories as far as a red sauce goes. I haven't had it for awhile so I don't know if it would be good as far as the ingredients in it for the clean eaters. I'm sure it's crap but it'll do in a pinch for me! I just know that it's about 60 calories for 1/2 cup. Make yourself a really big salad and watch the serving sizes! And well, ENJOY!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I concur, eat "real" pasta, just reduce portions. I have heard the shiritake noodles are ycky, with a weird taste and texture.

If it sounds too good to be true......:ohwell:
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just as a warning - I saw some shiritake (sp?) noodles called miracle noodles and bought them. NOT GOOD. Really, really, really gross; smelled like fish. Just eat small portions of regular pasta.
  • diannastadnyk
    diannastadnyk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Healthy harvest also makes a whole wheat yolk free pasta which allows you more for the same amount of calories. I found it at Wal-mart.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have Vermicelli for dinner along with my chicken breast. 1 cup was alot of pasta---going to buy that from now on.
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Make sure the pasta is "al dente". The firmer it is, the less easy it is to digest, so it doesn't convert to sugar quite so quickly.

Tip I read somewhere, but I have no clue from where.

Eat the pasta, cravings suck.

Manga!
    Kathryn
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Barilla Plus has a much better texture and taste than the whole wheat pastas I have tried. Just use a sensible sauce and you will be fine! :wink:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Dream Fields low carb pasta is really good.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I vote for shirataki noodles or Dreams Field Low Carb Pasta...........
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

You can eat pasta, it is not the enemy you just need to eat a portion not a mega bowl of it. One that I like is angel hair with fresh basil, tomatoes and garlic...good even when cold. Pesto is great and tomato sauce isn't bad for you, just eat creamy sauces or wine sauces in great moderation and enjoy:drinker:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Eat some regular pasta. If you measure a cup of cooked pasta it fills up quite a bit of the plate for about 200 calories. Just load it with vegetables and a little bit of tomatoe sauce instead of a creamy sauce. Sometimes those creamy sauces can have more calories than the pasta itself.
    I like to just crush a fresh tomatoes on top of mine. I also add about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and some sea salt.
    My favorite is pasta with fresh arugula or escarole. Add the arugula or escarole to the hot pasta so it get wilted a little bit. A little bit of olive oil a splash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea salt is all it needs.

I actually ate homemade macaroni a cheese for dinner tonight. I see nothing wrong with it on occasion. It fits very well within my calorie alottment for the day.
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    as long as you don't go overboard, you can eat pasta. i personally prefer whole grain, whole wheat pasta. i actually think it's more filling/gratifying than regular pasta and packs great nutrients in it. just find the very best (organic if possible) sauce to go with it... it's a double whammy to overeat pasta and add sugar-laden sauce on top of it.

don't torture yourself, you can eat some pasta!