Motorola MOTOACTV

Options
This product just came out last weekend. It's a gps device for running, biking, etc, that monitors heart rate, calories, and more. The device also plays music, and it "learns" what songs motivate you. The headphones take your heart rate, so no need for straps and such.

Right now, as I'm just thinking about buying my first device, it seems a bit spendy ($250 for the 8 gb device - plus more for armband, headphones, and other accessories), but it sure sounds nice to have one device that does it all!

Has anyone used it? Heard if it's any good? Know if my husband and I could share it (we exercise at different times)? Just curious.....

Replies

• Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This thing looks really really cool.
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This thing looks really really cool.

It DOES look really cool! I'm very excited about it, but worry about purchasing something without getting some reviews first. :)
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/11/motorola-motoactv-in-depth-review.html

That guy is the best there is at reviews. The only thing that concerns me is the battery life.
  • RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ANY MORE INFO on the MOTOACTV?
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked up any more info since Montco's post. The link he posted was very thorough and informative. I'm hoping to get my husband one in the new year (or maybe for next Christmas!) :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Bump...hoping to see some reviews too...this looks fantastic!
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I actually got one of these for Christmas. I've only used it twice but I really like it so far. It did do and update on the 1st and part of the update addressed the battery life. I do have to warm you... I feel that for any calorie counter to work correctly you must monitor your heart rate. This does do that but you have to buy either the chest strap or the headphones with the heart rate monitor. The music is clear as can be tho and it was pretty easy to set up. The GPS connected within a few seconds for me which is awesome cuz my other GPS I had before took forever and at times never connected. You can also sync it to your home computer MOTOACTV acct and it will show you all your workouts recorded. So far I'm really enjoying it! I haven't spent the extra for the heart rate headphones yet, I plan to soon but once I do I'll try to remember to post how accurate it is. Right now I'm still wearing my hrm watch.