MFP Runner's Club - May 3

Options
2»

Replies

• tabassan
    tabassan Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in between training and looking for a good fall marathon. Any suggestions.
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    4 miles for me today - having sore ankle issues and recovering from a pull hamstring - my god does that hurt!!
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Did 4 1/2 today!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I did 3miles outside this morning and am aiming for 4 miles on Friday.
    I did manage to shave a little over two minutes off of my 5k time from my first race two weeks ago to the one I did on Saturday :wink: A group of about 7 of us from work ran it and I managed to outrun all of my co-workers, i think it got away with the guys, haha.
    After the race with two of my work buddies
    ry%3D400

Now i just have to work on my endurance for these long runs. you gals are awesome!!
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    Wow, you guys are amazing. I love to run but can't seem to improve my endurance. The most I've run on a regular basis is 3 miles and that was years ago. My daughter comes home from college tomorrow and she wants me to start running with her.

My biggest issue is breathing. I get so out of breath I can't keep running. My legs want to keep going but I can't because I'm breathing to hard and it hurts. :grumble:

Any of you have any suggestions for me? I've heard there are some breathing excercises or techniques but haven't a clue.

Keep up your greatness everyone. I am very inspired.

Many Blessings,
    Nita
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I did 3miles outside this morning and am aiming for 4 miles on Friday.
    I did manage to shave a little over two minutes off of my 5k time from my first race two weeks ago to the one I did on Saturday :wink: A group of about 7 of us from work ran it and I managed to outrun all of my co-workers, i think it got away with the guys, haha.
    After the race with two of my work buddies

Now i just have to work on my endurance for these long runs. you gals are awesome!!

Nice pic!! Great job on the 5K and taking off some time!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are amazing. I love to run but can't seem to improve my endurance. The most I've run on a regular basis is 3 miles and that was years ago. My daughter comes home from college tomorrow and she wants me to start running with her.

My biggest issue is breathing. I get so out of breath I can't keep running. My legs want to keep going but I can't because I'm breathing to hard and it hurts. :grumble:

Any of you have any suggestions for me? I've heard there are some breathing excercises or techniques but haven't a clue.

Keep up your greatness everyone. I am very inspired.

Many Blessings,
    Nita

I would slow down your running a bit. Try doing a run/ walk. When you feel so out of breath, take a walk break (1-2 min). Then run again. You will eventually build up endurance. There are lots of programs at runnersworld.com that help get you running longer distances. Good luck!
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi Jess - Thanks for the tip, I"ll check out the website too. I'm setting small goals to see if I can overcome the breathing problem.

Thanks for the encouragement. You guys are great!