Detox

Options
Has anyone had any luck with any detoxing? I'm looking to detox my body or do some sort of a cleanse but am not interested in paying a couple hundred dollars. I'd like to start the new year off with a really good cleanse and feeling great. Any tips?? Thank you in advance!
*Beckie*

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had great success with detoxing. I made the decision to get fit and healthy, and starting the following day, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on good wholesome food, and threw out all the junk food. The effects were felt almost immediately.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I gave up aIcohoI, feeI MUCH better since then
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that did an Epsom Salts cleanse, you can get the receipe on line....he said he lost 10 lbs in a weekend but don't I could do it, it sounds disgusting!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that did an Epsom Salts cleanse, you can get the receipe on line....he said he lost 10 lbs in a weekend but don't I could do it, it sounds disgusting!

10 lbs of what?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ohh Guru ;D

OP: Just putting it short and simple: There is no reason to do a detox, our body does it all by itself and it does not need help. Huge waste of money. Eat whole foods and it will work just as good.

All a lot of these "cleanses" and "detox diets/pills" do is give you the screaming poops.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is there something specific you want to get out?

Heavy metals?- Talk to your doctor about chelation

Cholesterols?- Increase your intake of fiber, both soluble and insoluble (google Enterohepatic circulation)

most detox is just hype.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had great success with detoxing. I made the decision to get fit and healthy, and starting the following day, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on good wholesome food, and threw out all the junk food. The effects were felt almost immediately.

Amen. Drink water, eat whole foods, and skip as much sodium and sugar as you can. Make sure you keep the fiber up, along with good carbs, good fats (no sat fat), whole grains, fruits and veggies, and you'll be fine.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Master Cleanse really helped me jump start my weight loss. It's kind of like hitting a reset button on your body. Once I did the Master Cleanse, I no longer craved certain bad foods that I would always crave (deep-fried anything), and I adjusted to living without certain foods that I once needed daily in order to survive (like coffee haha). If you are just starting to try to lose weight, I would recommend the Master Cleanse. Google it, it's a book by Stanley Burroughs. Or you can look here: http://www.cookingwithsean.net/images/TheMasterCleanse.pdf
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a retox right now. I feel somekind of a cleanse or detox will be in order soon.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The Master Cleanse really helped me jump start my weight loss. It's kind of like hitting a reset button on your body. Once I did the Master Cleanse, I no longer craved certain bad foods that I would always crave (deep-fried anything), and I adjusted to living without certain foods that I once needed daily in order to survive (like coffee haha). If you are just starting to try to lose weight, I would recommend the Master Cleanse. Google it, it's a book by Stanley Burroughs. Or you can look here: http://www.cookingwithsean.net/images/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

I did the master cleanse. Threw up the mixture a couple of times. You also have to do a "salt water flush" in the morning. Drink a quart of warm salt water.. then guess what!! Screaming poops :D yayyyy......

This is a waste of time and not worth it. Just start eating whole foods as suggested. Master Cleanse has no added benefit.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The concept of body "toxins" really doesn't stand up to reality.
    Your liver cleans up what you injest.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

I did the master cleanse. Threw up the mixture a couple of times. You also have to do a "salt water flush" in the morning. Drink a quart of warm salt water.. then guess what!! Screaming poops :D yayyyy......

This is a waste of time and not worth it. Just start eating whole foods as suggested. Master Cleanse has no added benefit.

this!
    "cleansing" your body is totally unnecessary. You're getting rid of water weight at most.

Do yourself a favour and take all the energy you would have spent worrying about drinking only lemonade for a week, and instead go for a couple of jogs. I know that's less glamourous, but it works way more effectively :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Really, do a search on MayoClinic.com, WebMD, PubMed, or any real medical website.

The only people it helps is those selling it. Save your money and eat healthy foods and drink water.

Your body is designed to do this naturally. Any "weight" you lose is just the food already in your digestive tract and some water weight.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the salt water flush is nasty. But it's like getting a colonic, but putting the water in from a different location. so if someone is an advocate for colonics, the salt water flush is essentially the same. and free! and less invasive ;)

If a cleanse or a flush or anything like that is not for you, it's best to probably just stick to a raw diet for a couple of weeks. You'll feel and look great, and you'll be all squeaky clean from the inside out.

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Just eat whole foods, drink plenty of water and get some exercise. Let your liver and kidneys do the rest. Don't waste your money on regimens.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I think it would satisfy your mind more than it would anything else.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

10 lbs of what?

That's a lot of toilet time right there.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys handle any and all "detoxing" your body may need. That's kind of their job.:drinker:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Double posting!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea, but I am going to wait until football season ends, football without beer just doesn't seem right.....