What vitamins or suppliments do you take?

Options
Im just curious what type of vitamins and/or suppliments everyone takes? And also wanted to see if Im missing out on something that I should be taking....I currently just take a One A Day Active Metabolism Vitamin. Thanks Everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    b12 but I'm out right now :(
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Raw One A Day Women's Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oil
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    A multi, fish oil and protein shakes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    In addition to a Centrum multi-vitaminI take Omega 3 Fish Oil supplements, biotin (for hair, nails and skin) and iron (I'm anemic).
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    multivitamin (with iron) and calcium (most multivitamins do not actually contain very much calcium).
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin with C, D, B12, Iron and more
    Fish oil
    That's it :D
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Omega 3 / Fish oil
    D3
    Multi- Vitamin
    Protein
    BCAA
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Multi, B's, Calcium, protein shakes
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin
    fish oil

Thats all ... statistically, everything else is just fluff!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    One a Day, Vita Craves Gummies
    Every other Multi Vitamin I've tried grossed me out.
  • rana_bear
    Options
    Everyday: probiotic
    If i remember or feel i need it: iron or multi vitamin, vit B, fish oil, cod liver oil (vit D), glutamine.

Have been reading about BCAA a bit lately and think i might give that a go. Does anyone recommend it?
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I take that One a Day active metabolism and fish oil.
  • ddeather
    Options
    I used to hate taking my one a day because it always made me nauseated. So, I switched to adult chewable multivitamins and LOVE them! Also taking fish oil, calcium +D, and Sustenex (probiotic). Instead of coffee or soda in the afternoon, I drink a packet of Emergen-C mixed in a couple of ounces of water. Keeps me going!
  • PauliesGettingFit
    Options
    i was advised by a very good doctor that to not take vitamins or supplements unless your lacking in that vitamin or mineral. if your not lacking in it, you will be spending alot of money on all these pills that will be flushed out your system via urine . get a blood test every 3 -6 months and then take a supplement if deficient ONLY.

PS. a well balanced diet would ensure you are not lacking in vitamins but we always sometimes need that boost..

just FYI because knowledge is power etc etc

xxx good luck
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    flintstones complete :) because i know i probably don't get the proper amounts of what i need and i have a history of anemia so it's a way to get some iron in and the complete ones have more iron than the plus iron ones...
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I only take cranberry! I get UTI's so often and this keeps them at bay. :)
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am taking gummies. B12 d3 DHEA. My doctor put me on this combo.
  • alikona22
    alikona22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin: although the current one makes me feel sick. Probably will switch to a gummy/chewable.
    Omega 3-6-9 (fish & flaxseed): lemon flavored, because otherwise it tastes TERRIBLE with acid reflux. Doctor recommended it for neurological health.
    Iron: i'm borderline anemic
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    I take a pack that includes, a multivitamin, 2 calcium, B complex, ginsing, vitamin E & C, in addition I take omega 3, CoQ10, & Biotin (for hair loss, non related)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    i was advised by a very good doctor that to not take vitamins or supplements unless your lacking in that vitamin or mineral. if your not lacking in it, you will be spending alot of money on all these pills that will be flushed out your system via urine . get a blood test every 3 -6 months and then take a supplement if deficient ONLY.

PS. a well balanced diet would ensure you are not lacking in vitamins but we always sometimes need that boost..

just FYI because knowledge is power etc etc

xxx good luck

Im a nursing student and this is the exact same thing we have ben taught also.