Exercise DVDs - can I have some what next recommendations pl

Options
2»

Replies

• runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire!! So many different high intensity cardio and strength training workouts. I never get bored. I've been doing it since February and I really credit that with helping me lose my 85 lbs and counting. I've stuck with it... I try to sample other workouts and I sometimes mix it up with Jillian's 6wk 6 pack or Insanity, but I always go back to my true love - Turbo Fire.
    The combos/routines are so fun, you almost forget it's intense exercise. And Chalene Johnson is so motivational and she makes you WANT to push farther and stronger.
    I've done the 20 wk schedule of Turbo Fire and then followed that with the 12 wk schedule. Can you tell I really love it!? Now, I just pick what I want to do on different days. But I still try to workout 5-6 days a week.

If you can't find Turbo Fire on UK's Amazon... try the Beachbody website - they have payment plans that make it affordable. And it's sooo worth the investment -- cheaper than a gym membership and you'll get more use out of it b/c you can do it whenever you want on your schedule not a gym's schedule - in the comfort of your own home.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've tried P90X, Insanity, and I just started week 1 of TurboJam (made up my own schedule though). Here's a video of the creater of TurboJam, TurboKick, and TurboFire, and she explains the difference between the three.

TurboFire is the hardest and most intense.
    TurboKick is only offered in health clubs (still intense to me).
    TurboJam is moderate in intensity (love it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz8DJy-YGIQ
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that collage video thing is great I looked at it before, but its US-based and we don't have a lot of the same ones, last time I spent ages looking, picked something I liked the look of and couldn't get it here!! :explode:

I have heard of turbojam and turbokick - is there a difference??

I will start looking into some of the other suggestions, thanks a lot for the super-quick responses :flowerforyou:

Collage does ship international. Every once in a while I bit the bullet and buy a few from there. I haven't bought anything new in ages and my favorites are Cathe and Christi Taylor, who no longer makes DVD's. :(
  • charly_80
    Options
    Don't know if any of the stores carry it where you live but I have the Jari Love workout dvds to be really good! It is all cardio/strength training. If you are interested you can get it from her website and there are some previews there too. I own most of them since without variety in exercise I am bored.
  • stronger_faster
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is awesome! I know it's another JM DVD, but seriously, I love it--so much better than the 30DS, with much more variety, better warm ups, and it's a better overall work out. Definitely worth a try!
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    Check ouy bodyrock.tv Lots of different routines and completely free!! Killer workouts!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire and anything by Cathe Friedrich!! Seriously, she does it all! Step, weights, HIIT, you name it!
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you have a subscription to Netflix,there are some great ones in the 10 minute workouts and Crunch series. I've done the dancing one with Jennifer Galardi and the 10 minute kickboxing one is super terrific and super fun...

the only workout i have the ability to do right now is the 10 minute work outs on the wii i like that dancing one you do and the target toning one. i havent seen the kick boxing one i will have to check that one out.

recently i saw a dvd set on a show that looked amazing!!!!! but i cant afford it . its called the pink method.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.collagevideo.com
    They have member reviews as well as video previews of the exercise dvds which they have already narrowed down to the "good stuff." I was on there today because it is time to update my collection as it is small because I had so many on VHS.

There are a few Crunch vids on Netflix that feature Ellen Barrett and I really like her style so I might pick a new one by her.

THanks for the link. Great website! Spent about an hour searching. HAHA. :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the comments and suggestions, this has given me loads to look into, better hop to it as am hoping to get something for Christmas! Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • hags82
    hags82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have to echo Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. MY FAVORITES! If you want fun, look no further. Message me if you have any questions about it! I became a coach because I am in love with everything Beachbody!