Morbidly Obese

Options
1235»

Replies

• ceej1996
    ceej1996 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its heartbreaking to see my weight tracker. It looks more like an ECG printout than a sign of positive changes. And I'm trying not to be jealous of my husband who exercises once, mostly twice, a day. I used to be motivated to walk on a treadmill, but not so much anymore. I don't want to do the cliche thing and make a new years resolution. So I am setting a goal for myself (HUGE STEP). Beginning the new year, I will purchase a 6 month membership to our rec center. I will do pool classes and fitness classes are free with memberships. So look out out 2012, I'm coming and I'm coming for you!!!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! Twenty lbs is awesome!!!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm 5'4" and 514lbs. I've lost 20 lbs so far, but really starting to get into recording my meals and exercising now. I have to get down to 450lbs to get gastric bypass surgery, which I'm very excited about.

Good luck to everyone on their goals, and hope to make some friends :)

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I'm 5'4" and 340 lbs. So, I know a little bit of where you're coming from. I'm not going to do the WLS thing, but I know that you know what's best for you. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey, hun.
  • Tialove1
    Options
    Good luck and keep it up. You never know, you may find out that you can do it without the surgery.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey there, shortie. ;) I'm so proud of you for being here.

I know you can do this because I'm watching my husband do this. In March of this year my husband weighed 100 lbs more than he does now. He's a new man. Each day I see him make small changes in the way he sees his life, his eating, and himself. If he can do this, HECK, if I can do this, anyone can. (This coming from the girl who used to eat nothing but jack in the box, chocolate ice cream, and vodka.)

I'm so happy for you that you are a candidate for surgery. He's not due to complications with scar tissue from other surgeries. I wish sometimes he had that option so he wouldn't have to go other routes like liquid dieting.

No matter the path you take, you'll get there. It might be hard, it might make you want to rip your hair out, but you'll get there. You're worth it. You are a being worth saving each moment of each day.

And we'll be here with you each step that you take on this journey. We're all walking this road together.

As I like to see it, we're all on the bandwagon. Think of a big car or a bus riding down the highway and we're all on board, fighting over the radio. HAHA. Welcome aboard.

We're happy to have you join us. :smile:
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am happy for you and if you send me a friend request we can try to motivate each other!
  • jlineber
    jlineber Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 20 lbs. that is an Awesome start and I too know what it is like to be Morbidly Obese (I was off the chart at one point in time) Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get to your goal. Good luck to you on your journey......
  • RadBarb
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I wish you all the best! I am new here to...the support that everyone is offering is great!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Well bless you for doing something about it. I too am morbidly obese though I've lost 84 lbs. So I guess I'm not super morbidly obese anymore. LOL

20 lb. loss is nothing to take for granted. Make some minor changes to your lifestyle and you will receive big gains (losses). It really doesn't take much. A little more exercise here or there and maybe cutting down on some favorite foods. Soon you will be a hot happening chic. Stay the course, make a commitment!

I'd like to give some unsolicited advice. Do not do the gastro-bypass. I was looking at your profile. If you do it the old fashion way you will be more rewarded with a change in lifestyle.

All the best!
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You're off to a good start--and best wishes to you for your journey! :smile:
    I'm sending a friend request. God bless!
  • gayl4
    gayl4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WTG...that's an amazing start. Keep up the great work :)
  • splovesnp
    splovesnp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I really think keeping track of your meals is going to help you reach your goal. It really helps me!! Best of Luck!
  • Fit4Life8
    Fit4Life8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your loss and your decision to take this journey!!!! With God all things are possible!!:flowerforyou:
  • Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    Your doing great! Keep up the good work.