Hi all. Wanting to lose 60 lbs in 6 mos.

Options
So, I've just started dieting as of last week. I'm 5'7, female 37 yrs. old and an even 200 lbs. I want to be at 140 in 6 mos. I'm planning on staying at around 1,000 calories a day, but exercise is difficult due to back pain. Going to start with some yoga, hopefully that will help. Just interested in any advice from people who've been there. I'm very serious about this - and pumped!

Replies

• howajett
    Options
    I know it's a very big topic of debate. It seems logical that what would matter most is what those 1,000 cals. consisted of tho? The min. 1,200 recommendation thing is about not going into starvation mode and not losing muscle mass?
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I know it's a very big topic of debate. It seems logical that what would matter most is what those 1,000 cals. consisted of tho? The min. 1,200 recommendation thing is about not going into starvation mode and not losing muscle mass?

Starvation mode is a hotly debated topic on here. Everyone is different. Lots of people can live just fine off less. I typically eat between 1100-1500 except I intermittently fast a couple days a week and only eat 5 to 6 hundred on those days. Which brings me to my next point. Another hot topic here is how many times you are "supposed" to eat a day. Eating 3 or more meals a day is a western world thing. Many cultures and religions a crossed the globe have periods of fasting as part of their every day life.

I have the same goal. 60lbs gone by the end of may, feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support.
  • Valerie3678
    Options
    Hi there. Our goals are pretty similar. I know 60 lbs in 6 months is aggressive. My goal is about 60 lbs lost by July. If you would like, you can add me and we can keep each other motivated. Good luck.
  • andyjean88
    Options
    I'm on HCG :) Very controversial topic, but I'm doing well on it, and others are as well. I've lost 22.8lbs in 34 days...