losing weight :D = losing boob :/

Options
13»

Replies

• amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I say adios to mine!!! I am not sad about them leaving, but like you don't want them to hang low....so I've been doing lots of extra chest exercises!!
  • ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First I would like to offer this comment -

Breasts do not have muscles in them. They have ligaments and connective tissue. Muscles are in the chest behind the breasts.

So doing exercises such as push-ups, dumbbell chest presses and fly’s will help strengthen, tone and condition the muscles but will not have a great effect on the actual breast size.

When a person is losing weight it comes from all areas of the body so unfortunately we cannot control which areas it will decrease and which ones it won't.

Does that help?

Ron
  • Miss1V
    Options
    thank you everyone! make me feel better that im not alone on this. i hope adding strength training will make them look better. :)
  • StormySands
    Options
    I started losing weight a few months ago, and my boobs, normally 38F, fell flat.... I started taking a Birth Control PIll and a nice side effect has been I have boobs again! We will see if they stay full and firm as I continue my weight loss journey.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    A good bra! I went down to a 34 A :sad: Just went out and got some good push up bras!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am just like you!!! I have lost about 26 pounds, and seriously, my boobs are gone. My husband says I look like a preteen now.
    I would love to get a boob job, but I am 43 and don't think that would be the best use of my money. Darn!!!
    I also do a decent amount of weight lifting and pushups, but that just makes them a little perkier but it doesn't increase their size.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the same thing. Seems I may not be a D cup for much longer and may need to drop from 32.
  • chatdude
    Options
    Big boobs on a fat chick are like abs on a skinny guy.

They don't count.

Ha that kinda made me laugh, but some truth to it. A 6'1" and 150 lb dude with a cut ripped tummy isn't impressive since hes already so thin. But if hes a 6'1 and 238 lb linebacker and still ripped then your thinking thats impressive because that boy has got the muscle of a gorilla but still kept a lean shape.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't mind losing some boobs when losing weight. My back feels so much better and a cute simple shirt doesn't look trashy because my boobs are popping out. I am 5'0 so when i was a 32D i looked silly with such huge boobs.
  • springfield5780
    Options
    38D -> 38B/36C (depending on the bra) but I lost ALL the perkiness:sad: ...
    It's almost to the point where you can see the muscles *under* them, but they pretty much look like rocks in socks.

Rocks in socks bahahahahaha Mine have looked at the ground without a bra for years! I list perky 2 kids ago and was a YOUNG mom LOL Underwire and Lane Bryant are my best boob friends :laugh:
  • nyspotlight
    Options
    Here I am with more herby suggestions.

You can massage nightly with fenugreek. Extract is best, but you can also use fenugreek powder. Helps for firmness like you wouldn't believe!

Greenbush is the company I buy from, but you can probably find it at Whole Foods or a natural store.

It's worked for me.
  • psychc
    psychc Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm happy to lose some of mine...currently 16G...they are big and heavy....looking forward to them shrinking somewhat, and then buying something supportive to keep em up! ;-)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    STORY OF MY LIFE. I work out like crazy and I've lost 20 lbs, 17 of which from my boobs (I'm sure) lol
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Here I am with more herby suggestions.

You can massage nightly with fenugreek. Extract is best, but you can also use fenugreek powder. Helps for firmness like you wouldn't believe!

Greenbush is the company I buy from, but you can probably find it at Whole Foods or a natural store.

It's worked for me.

Interesting. I have some left from my breast feeding days. I'll have to try. Also I saw they started carrying some at Walmart.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Push ups without a doubt...proper ones. pec dec, bent over flys, weighted punches....
  • spacevulture
    spacevulture Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's only so much that chest exercises can do. At a certain point, you really are just left with a lot of skin.
    You know how in the 40 year old virgin, steve carell character talks about how boobs feel like bags of sand?
    That's kind what mine have ended up looking like after losing 56lbs. :( Sacs of nothingness. So sad.
    There's only waiting for skin to tighten back up (all areas) and...mastopexy, which I plan on getting once I reach my ultimate goal weight. I think I've gone from a 38C to a 36B or something like that...I haven't gone shopping since 30lbs ago and I haven't bought a bra since I was a 38C so I don't know my sizes for ANYTHING.
    Then again, I never did have perky boobs to start with :P