What vitamins or suppliments do you take?

Options

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Multi, Calcium, Vit C, Cod Liver Oil, Vit E, Iron.

Calcium was for cramps (almost nonexistent now). Iron for chronic anemia, Cod liver oil for the fish oil and joints.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Multi
    1000 Vit C
    1-2000 Vit D
    Fish oil
    Sometimes vit E
    Sometimes B complex
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Multi (Animal Pak)
    Calcium
    Vitamin D
    Fish Oil
    Whey
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    Multi, flax seed oil, biotin, and vitamin E.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I take a twice daily multi

and Spirulina (great for protein, iron and antioxidants)

I'm actually really shocked i haven't seen anyone mention spirulina or chlorophyll?!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options

I'm actually really shocked i haven't seen anyone mention spirulina or chlorophyll?!

I usually take Amazing Grass Super Food that contains spirulina or chlorophyll and so much more. Great stuff! But ran out of it.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    multi, magnesium, b complex (these were dr recommended)
    melatonin (for sleep) and protein shakes on the days i am in the gym and don't eat enough protein during the day
    and vitamin c when i'm not feeling well or there is a bug going around
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    i was advised by a very good doctor that to not take vitamins or supplements unless your lacking in that vitamin or mineral. if your not lacking in it, you will be spending alot of money on all these pills that will be flushed out your system via urine . get a blood test every 3 -6 months and then take a supplement if deficient ONLY.

PS. a well balanced diet would ensure you are not lacking in vitamins but we always sometimes need that boost..

just FYI because knowledge is power etc etc

xxx good luck

Im a nursing student and this is the exact same thing we have ben taught also.

Now most people that is calorie counting is not eating a well balanced diet - even if we eat really well, and reasonably clean - by nature of restricting our calories we are potentially restricting the nutrients that our bodies need ....My doctor advises a good multivitamin - and Omgega 3 fish oil suplement if you are restricting calories!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Multi
    Fish oil
    Casien/whey protein
    EC stack
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Wish I could but Spirulina is pretty expensive and rare in South Africa, especially the powder.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Multi
    Fish oil
    Probiotic
    Vitamin D in an extreme amount because I run super low
    Herbs for liver detox
    Curcumin for inflammation
  • msmac74
    msmac74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The whole house takes Multivitamin and Fish oil 1000mg
  • deegeyspazms
    deegeyspazms Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bog standard cheep multi-vit and mins - I do feel better for these. I was getting colds and mouth ulcers, so felt I needed a boost.
    Also chasteberry extract which has worked wonders for my physical symptoms of PMS and have just started evening primrose oil for the emotional symptoms... I spaced these two out because I wanted to see if the first one did anything on its own - it is expensive, but seems to be worth it!
  • Segrande
    Options
    Women's multivitamin, fish oils, evening primrose oil and whey protein. (:
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    i was advised by a very good doctor that to not take vitamins or supplements unless your lacking in that vitamin or mineral. if your not lacking in it, you will be spending alot of money on all these pills that will be flushed out your system via urine . get a blood test every 3 -6 months and then take a supplement if deficient ONLY.

PS. a well balanced diet would ensure you are not lacking in vitamins but we always sometimes need that boost..

just FYI because knowledge is power etc etc

xxx good luck

Shes absolutely correct. Most vitamins that you digest go undigested and usually just pass through the intenstines. They usually just hang out in the lower abdominal region. Go speak to an xray tech lol....vitamins are most efficiently absorbed when they are bound to a carbohydrate in there natural form such as in whole grain foods and certain lipids. IM not a doctor so i cannot get more specific.
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've started taking gummies because I never remember to take the pills.

I take fish oil and calcium. I drink a lot of soda so the calcium is important to me. I used to drink a lot of milk but quit because of the calories in it :(
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I take a multi. Currently 1 a day vita craves but I'm about to switch to Alive for women.
    I also take 2000IU of Vitamin D (doc's orders)
    Just started taking Protein shakes on workout days.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everyday: One a day women's, ferrous sulfate(2 tablets, for anemia).

.....Sometimes I take ginkgo biloba, and echinacea.
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I take a vitamin from Young Living called Master Formula For Her and I also take Omega 3 from a website called Vitacost.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    B complex, Little low on b12.
    D, - because I rarely see the light
    Magnesium, for bones & joints
    C - since I stopped drinking juice regularly