Zumba

Options
I started doing Zumba this week but can't find it in the exercises to log it in. What would you consider that? Dance? I was going to just add it but then I wasn't sure how to figure out how many calories I burned.

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i would suggest you get a hrm. i do zumba once a week and i added my own .
  • zumbabumba21
    Options
    I have the same problem and I've been putting it down as "aerobics, dance, modern twist" or something like that.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I have the same problem and I've been putting it down as "aerobics, dance, modern twist" or something like that.

out of interest, abt how many calories does this allow you for a 60 mins session.
  • kkhtracy
    Options
    Is there a certain brand hrm that is good or which one do you have? I never know if those things are really any good.
  • zumbabumba21
    Options

out of interest, abt how many calories does this allow you for a 60 mins session.

Just over 400 for 60 minutes
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i have been using polar ft4 since July of this year and I am really pleased with it. For an hour long zumba class, I burn anywhere between 600 and 750 calories
  • ackeebee
    Options

ohok thanks. i guess it depends on how hard you work in the class but for me and what my hrm is saying, that is abit on the low side
  • zumbabumba21
    Options

ohok thanks. i guess it depends on how hard you work in the class but for me and what my hrm is saying, that is abit on the low side

That's what I thought, but I'd rather estimate lower than higher. Until I get a HRM I'm underestimating calorie loss! Not giving myself any excuses to overeat! haha
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hrm, however I'm using zumbacalories.com as a guideline.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

I use this too and add it as my own exercise. :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options

I use this too and add it as my own exercise. :)

This is what I did too. I used half my time as moderate impact and half as low because I do not want to over estimate my calories burned.