im new

Options
hey i would like a couple of friends to help keep me motivated. i was hoping for friends that were in the same boat as me, that way its easier to relate with, and stay motivated. I am relatively shy which is another reason why I'm hoping to stay in the familiar zone. I have 80lbs to lose, im 24 years old. I am working on maintaining a net of 1200 calories. i used to run so im working and training to be able to run five miles, but right now i can barely run a lap on the treadmill at 5.0. so i could use the motivation, i log on everyday and would love to comment on all your progress as i hope you do to mine. but basically i am addicted to mfp, i log in all the time to see whats up and read the message boards. so having more friends talking and motivating will really help me out!

thanks!

Replies

• slimgirl19
    Options
    welcome !!!!! you can add me if you want :smile:
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks! i will, but how do you add? =)
  • slimgirl19
    Options
    i wil send you a request
  • Jenn638
    Options
    great!
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome, you sound just like me. Have similar amount of weight to lose. Only been doing this a few weeks. Im addicted to MFP and always checking it on my phone. Always willing to offer support and advice x
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and apply yourself. Don't waste your time, as I have, by cheating. The time is going to go by anyway, so you might as well do the work. Looking back with pride is much better than looking back over a steretch of time with regret, like me..
    Buck up and Just Do It.
    My 2 cents.
    Deb
  • Jenn638
    Options
    great thanks! ok well im up for adding as many friends as possible! why because i need the support! but i have to go to work so whenever i get a chance i will log in and add everybody! thanks ;) im super excited!
  • trhenning
    trhenning Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just signed up today! Hit the scale this weekend and was at my highest weight ever. Everyday I swear that tomorrow I will start and then I binge all day to prepare. So no more of that! I would love some motivators as well!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just signed up today! Hit the scale this weekend and was at my highest weight ever. Everyday I swear that tomorrow I will start and then I binge all day to prepare. So no more of that! I would love some motivators as well!

Keeping tack of what you eat will really help you stay disciplined. Try gradually working your way down getting used to eating less and less and drink plenty of water. A lot of food is today is designed to have just the right amount of sugar, fat, and salt to be addictive.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Keeping tack of what you eat will really help you stay disciplined. Try gradually working your way down getting used to eating less and less and drink plenty of water. A lot of food is today is designed to have just the right amount of sugar, fat, and salt to be addictive.

That's the truth!

I'll send you an add. I try to avoid "treats" very often because they would become and everyday occurrence if I let it.
  • lynnonamission
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...we can do this!! I added you. I'm Lynnonamission on here!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    welcome! if you need support go ahead and add me everyone.