Need Some christmas gift advice from the ladies out there

Options
Ok so my wife and I are a little strapped on cash and We haven't been on a date night since my daughter was born last march. (8 months for those who counted the months out on yours fingers lol) So for Christmas we decided not to by for one another just buy for our duaghter and family. I want to do something special for her that will allow us to have a date night per week with just me and her. Already have a baby sitter just need to tell her which night. My wife loves to dance and I not so much (two Left Feet). So I figured I would do something that she would never expect me to do and ask Santa (Me) to get a gift certificate for dance classes(salsa, cha cha, etc) for the both of us. The gift card will pay for both my wife and myselfs first month of dance classes. Dance classes start around 730pm so I figured that we could do to dinner and then dancing on that one evening a week?

My question to the ladies out there is Good Idea or Bad?

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    that's an awesome idea and i'm sure she'll love it!
  • IvySummers
    Options
    I think that's a wonderful idea!. You're very thoughtful and ur wife is going to love it!!. :)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome and romantic;) Something including time together is the best gift ever.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I think that's an awesome idea, I think she'll love it as a gift and the fact that it's also a gift that she gets to spend some quality time with you without baby.. not that baby is ever a bad thing!
  • aharmeson
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. Just needed some reassurance it wasnt cheesy or dumb lol. Thanks again
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I :heart: YOU !!!! This is the sweetest thing I have ever heard !!! LOVE the idea and she will too !!!!! You are going to have a wonderful night It will be lots of fun and a ton of laughs...great memories will be made for the both of you !!!

Perfect !
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Great thoughtful idea. She's gonna love it and I'm sure you'll get a present too... after all... all that dancing has to lead to sumthin...lol
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    This is an amazing idea, she will love it, I'm sure.

And in the future, since you said you are short on cash at the moment (babies will do that to you) me and my husband get a baby sitter sometimes just so we can stay home alone, the only money spent is on the sitter and the adult beverage of your choice, and honestly, there is no place I could take him that is better than naked saturdays at home with the phones off and the doors locked, lol. Just an idea, it works for me and my husband. It's like playing hookie from parenthood.
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    that's a fantastic idea! :) very impressed with your way of thinking! keep it up!

and i agree with Munque -- a night to yourselves is always a bonus. i don't have kids, but i have two dogs, and we do this with our dogs sometimes. we send them to a friend's house for a weekend so we can have the entire weekend alone. it keeps things interesting for us :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    fantastic idea! very thoughtful and it really is the thought that counts. You will learn skills and make memories that will last longer than any "thing" you can buy.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You are so sweet! That's a great idea!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    GOOD!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Winner!