running mileage

Options
I just went through the history on my Garmin. I am at 483 miles, so far, for the year. I will pass 500, after my run Saturday. I realize there are people whol do a lot more, but I feel good about that number.
I went on mapquest and used my address in Spring Hill, FL as a starting point, to see where 500 miles would take me. Atlanta is less than 500. If I were to head north/west along the Gulf Coast, 500 miles gets me to Biloxi, MS (well...505).
So, I know I'm not the only crazy person that downloads their garmin to a laptop...How far did you run this year and where will that mileage take you?
Derek

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I run mostly on my treadmill since it's easier on my knees and hips, but do love a good outside run and completed my very first and 2nd 5K's this year. I didn't start running (again) and tracking it until July of this year and so far have logged 273 miles of running.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I run mostly on my treadmill since it's easier on my knees and hips, but do love a good outside run and completed my very first and 2nd 5K's this year. I didn't start running (again) and tracking it until July of this year and so far have logged 273 miles of running.
    where will 273 miles take you from home?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have just over 44 miles to go to hit 1000 for the year. I'm so busy right now I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it.
  • PetraSvdT
    Options
    LIKE!!!! I have running and biking, had a foot injury from May to July, so then I biked a lot. Totals this year....3725.93km/2328.7mls Where would this take me? lol Again...lots of biking, I think about a 1000mls. But I'm back to running now, bike season stopped in October. Coming saturday a half, weather forecast is storm! Hope we don't blow away....
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Cool idea! I've been logging and tracking my running miles for 9+ years now. I will end the year a little over 2,400 miles. That is enough to get me from my house in So Cal to Jacksonville, FL.
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    IVe never tracked my miles, but which I had. I will start doing that Jan 1. Does anyone know of a good app for Iphone? I wear a HR monitor (polar) but no gps. I did just get new nike running shoes and there is a gps chip in them...does anyone use that app to track?
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    IVe never tracked my miles, but which I had. I will start doing that Jan 1. Does anyone know of a good app for Iphone? I wear a HR monitor (polar) but no gps. I did just get new nike running shoes and there is a gps chip in them...does anyone use that app to track?

Runkeeper is great for iphone. Tracks everything
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options

I've actually been lusting over this HRM for the iPod/iPhone for a while now: http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2218

It tracks everything in your iPhone AND it's strapless! ;)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Cool idea. So far this year I've tracked about 2775 miles (running, biking, swimming) enough to get me from my house in CA to Central Park in NY.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    2,200 miles for they year, guess I can have some choices..lol
  • JoolieW68
    Options

On my iPhone I've used endomondo, which works pretty well GPS-wise.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    where will 273 miles take you from home?

From my home in West Michigan to Sandusky, OH (so I've run all the way to Cedar Point!)
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I actually just passed 500 miles on Saturday (since my Nike+ app re-started in March). But that doesn't include any of the milage I logged during CrossFit workouts or triathlons...
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    439miles - not sure where (in the UK) they will take me from my home but you've got me intrigued now! My year is up at the end of February.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have run approximately 940 miles so far this year. That would get me from where I live in Columbus, OH to about Sioux Falls, SD.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    not far, Fort Wayne In to Topeka KS, 624 miles
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Options
    Cool idea! I've been logging and tracking my running miles for 9+ years now. I will end the year a little over 2,400 miles. That is enough to get me from my house in So Cal to Jacksonville, FL.
    badass.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Options
    Cool idea. So far this year I've tracked about 2775 miles (running, biking, swimming) enough to get me from my house in CA to Central Park in NY.
    that is about 1100 from me. Might be a good goal for next year.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Well considering I didn't run much in Jan and I didnt run at all Mar-May and nothing in Aug. Id say my 176.35 miles isnt too bad. More then half of that has been run in Sept-Nov.

Glad my knee is better The summer sucked!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I have run approximately 940 miles so far this year. That would get me from where I live in Columbus, OH to about Sioux Falls, SD.

Keep going lol. I'm from there and there isn't much to see :tongue: