Hi all, it finally "clicked" for me.....

Options
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum.

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of sitting in my Weight Watchers meeting and watching Gary Aneis (500lbs2marathon
on here) hit goal. Although I only knew Gary for a couple of months or so, it really hit home for me. It was the first time I ever saw a person hit goal that started out any where near my size. I am a big guy, obese, huge...whatever term there is for being REALLY over weight...well it fits for me. My starting weight was 583.8. I am now a little over 26 pounds lighter. I know I have a very long way to go, but watching Gary hit goal just made it click for me...I CAN do this...and now I say to myself everyday..."I AM DOING THIS!"

I am working my *kitten* off (literally) and I get excited when I think about what workout I will be doing tomorrow! I have so many dreams that I can't wait to fulfill! They will happen, I am making them happen. I will never give up, I've changed and I know it. It really is amazing to 'feel' yourself change. I can not thank Gary enough for this.

Thanks,

Sean

Replies

• Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and stay positive. You can do it! :smile:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sean, Im proud of you.... and Im happy to be there along side you on this journey! I know your gonna do this!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Gary is such an inspiration!

Looking forward to seeing u hit your goals!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sean-

You have such an amazing attitude!!! I know you will go far with this, you can totally do this!!! :D

And Gary is a great friend/supporter to have!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    You got this!!! Especially with your great attitude you will get to your goals! Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WE'RE ALL HERE WHEN YOU NEED US. IT'S HARD BUT WORTH EVERY MOMENT! CONGRATS BABE :)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am here to support you in meeting your goals!!!

Ps. Gary rocks <3
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am so proud of you, we all are. I am struggling to find motivation as strong as yours but the fact that you have found it is a sign that I can as well.
  • kimeister
    Options
    Hey there, Sean! Welcome to MFP. You'll find yourself in great company here. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Every pound lost in this journey is a success and one step closer to a healthier you! Stay strong - Way to go!
  • FitnActiveMom
    Options
    Looking forward to see you reach your goals on here! You can do this! You will also inspire people along the way!
    Friend request sent!
  • lisabell118
    lisabell118 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck and you can do it !! You sound like you have a great attitude:)
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You are on your way and you have an awesome support system! You can do it!!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Hi Sean!

Welcome to MFP! and congrats on your 26 lbs weight loss! I love the positive attitude.

I was also a Weight Watchers member, in 2010. I lost 30lbs and reached my goal. I have since gained 7 lbs back and I am looking to lose that, plus more. Everyone's got a different goal in mind, but we're all here for the same reason: to improve ourselves and feel good about it.

I wish you the best of luck with your WW and MFP journey :)
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined a little less than a month ago and I can honestly say that this is SUCH great support system and it'll help you stay on track. Stay motivated and you'll surely reach your goals! Good luck on your journey..we're all here to support you! I'll add you as a friend on here too :)
  • melodieann11
    Options
    MFP is awesome, and I have found that there are so many people on this site that are struggling with the same issues that we are! I know you can do this and I think that it is so awesome that you have accomplished what you have so far :)
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    THANK YOU SEAN I SO NEEDED THIS TODAY!!! You are truly an inspiration!!! The people here are so caring and motivating!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude! Stay focused on your goals and why they are important to you. You're off to a great beginning!

Good luck!
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    congrats Sean, your doing an awesome job...keep up the good work....