Tough Mudder anyone?

Options
Hey guys,

I want to dosomething awesome.I want to trainfor tough mudder 2013. I need a team and I need to know where I can get more info. If you are in the Houston area and are up for a challenge. Please let me know and we can train together. Also let me know what I am getting myself into.
Thanx

Replies

• killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of friends who are doing this next month in Tampa!! it sounds way too intense for me, though!! lol
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I'm actually planning on driving down from Jax to volunteer at the December one in Tampa. As for further information I'd start at their website - www.toughmudder.com there is a recommended work out, images from previous runs, and lots of good info about the group/company/race. If you have any additional questions let me know through PM, I'm not an expert, but I'm training for the one next year in Jacksonville, FL.
  • dcwrider22
    dcwrider22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already been out to the website - go out to www.toughmudder.com - often times you can find a team there too. I have several friends who do this every year. They have a blast!!!! Good luck with this.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    bump - I'm training for an adventure/obstacle race in PA, but it's not tough mudder.

Shannon
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in DC. I've done a few other adventure races, but none as long as the Tough Mudder. Scary!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Are any of you doing a blog during your training? It would be inspirational to follow one another on this journey....

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing a fantastic job with their training. Keep up the good work during the holidays!

I'm planning on doing a 2.8 mile adventure race this spring/summer in central PA. I've done two 5Ks prior, but now I'm upping the ante and doing strength training another 5K training program to make sure I'm fit enough for it.

I've decided for the strength portion to use the Spartain Virgin weightlifting training guide. I've been doing it for two weeks already and already feel toned, regardless of the Thanksgiving feast!:-D

Shannon
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    THere is a MFP group for Tough Mudder enthusiasts. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/323-tough-mudders
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm participating in the Tough Mudder in Toronto Ontario this August, and can't wait. I did a 5k Warrior Dash last year and loved it, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge. As far as what to expect, check out the blog at http://mustachemantraining.blogspot.com/ The link will take you to The Mustache Man's report on the last Tough Mudder he did, but earlier blog postings describe each T Mudder he's participated in. There sure does seem to be a lot of water cannons used during obstacles! If you go to the Tough Mudder website and look at the training section, he did a funny and inspirational video of how he prepares...

At any rate, I think this will be a blast. What I really like about the Tough Mudder event is that it's not about making it through the course the fastest, but about working with your team and getting through it together. Can't wait!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    THere is a MFP group for Tough Mudder enthusiasts. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/323-tough-mudders

Cool! I'll check it out!

Shannon
  • kathytexas
    Options
    I am doing the one in South TX on Jan. 29th 2012 and am very nervous! I'm in better shape than I was but not as good as I wanted to be. Good luck on yours!