Ok ladies, needing some advice!! :)

Options
Ok ladies needing some advise...I have about 100-110 more lbs to loose and I need to know what are the best exercises I can be doing now for my chest. I know when all of this weight is gone things are going to look rather sad...Are there exercises I can do to lift and kind of put things back where they need to be??

Replies

• myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Let me know. I've lost about 70 before I got on here, and my boobs are pathetic! One of the threads on here was what we were going to do when we reached our goal....mine was boob job! lol
  • santamommy
    Options
    LOL! I figured I would do my part with the exercises and then let the surgeon do the rest...I just want to make sure I am doing exercises that is going to help...so far I am only aerobic walking.
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've got a total gym at home that I use, but I think my boobs are too far gone! I had a breast reduction when I was in high school, and now when I lose weight, thats the first to go. I think they took out all the muscle, and none of the fat! Do boobs have muscle? I know the chest wall has muscle, but really how far does that go?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Pushups, benchpress, incline benchpress, military press.
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    On one of my Jillian Michaels videos, she says that doing chest presses with little weights (like 3 to 8 lbs) will help with the pectoral muscles and be the best for that purpose. Hope that helps! :)

This might help, too: http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/perk-up-your-pecs
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Push up's!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    And not a push up bra... I mean the exercise! lol
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do - gravity sucks. And things just deflate after weight loss. There are chest exercises you can do that will build the muscle behind the breast tissue and can help, but a good bra will be your best friend after you reach your goal! The breasts don't have muscle, they are just tissue mostly.

Look up the proper form for chest flies and pushups - they are probably two of your best exercise options. YouTube is a great reference for viewing proper form throughout the exercise.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

These. It won't totally fix the issue, but it'll help strengthen the muscles behind them -- which will help.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Chest presses and push-ups are two exercises for a female's chest. It won't firm the 'girls' but it tone the underlying muscle, pectoralis major, and lifts the breasts. Good luck. :smile:
  • santamommy
    Options
    Thanks ladies!....I don't much care if they go..I just don't want them looking like stretched out old socks...lol Worse comes to worse surgery can tac those babies back up... :)
  • lizg1979
    lizg1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just wondering will any of those suggested exercises work on "back fat" as well? i have too much on my back right where the bra sits....typically it makes me have to go up 1-2 sizes in tops :(
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i found running (from the arm movement i guess) really perked up my breasts at one point when i was lighter!
  • andreaefitness
    Options
    I may not be the best exercise-advice-giver lol but I would think that cross punches with dumbbells, sumo squats with dumbbells and dumbbell cleans might help, just focus on what gets your chest and back muscles burning.
  • santamommy
    Options
    I would think it will help from back fat too at least some....I will let you know because I have that problem also...
  • santamommy
    Options
    Cross punches might help...thanks for suggesting it!!....It made me remember that I bought and packed away a punching bag and gloves a couple of years ago that I forgot about! :D
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    "Back Fat" - no, not really. You can't really weight train fat away - that comes from cardio and just losing the weight. You can certainly weight train and build definition in the muscles beneath the fat so when the weight comes off you have a super sexy back!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

These. It won't totally fix the issue, but it'll help strengthen the muscles behind them -- which will help.

exactly! Pushups too

by the way the post about "little weights 3-8 lbs" ridiculous....
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you have back fat, your bra doesn't fit. Try a smaller band size. If you can, go to a professional fitting at Nordstroms or a specialty lingerie shop. Victoria's Secret DOES NOT COUNT as a specialty shop, because they carry limited sizes and they will tell anyone that they are a 38B just to sell them a bra.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

exactly! Pushups too

by the way the post about "little weights 3-8 lbs" ridiculous....

Oh jeez. I JUST saw that!

I bench press around 80lbs!

I can't imagine 3-8lb weights.