alternative ways to burn calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• joyceconklin
    Options
    I have arthritis in both hips~ biking, spinning, and SUPing (Stand Up Paddle Boarding) work well for me.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I have great calorie burning workout ideas....but not gonna post it in public :)

this is what I was thinking when I saw this! naughty, I know...I can't help it!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to work out much, and sometimes it's too painful to walk/run.

But, I would really love ways to still burn calories without walking/running or standing up for a long period of time.

I do wii fit occasionally but it ends up making me limp for a few days :/

If you have some medical condition, you need not get advice here.
    Get with your doctor and set up physical therapy.

Now, having said that....lol
    If it were me, I'd join a gym with an indoor pool and swim.
    I'd lay in bed and do rehab exercises
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTF9QCb33hw

There are always possibilities.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Punches/Windmills.

Yoga *there are some great ones on youtube for free search under yogayak

Can you swim? it is not weigh bearing to your lower body :)

It is more than possible to work it with a lower body injury! Keep at it!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I have been walking very little since September. Tracking the calories kept working for me to lose the weight.

As for a bit of exercise, I am doing swimming - I can't swim for, well, to save my life, so I just paddle - back and forward across the pool for a bit and you can feel it working - my 'paddling' (Aussie crawl ?) means my head is above water at all times.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Bike Trainer (like the CycleOps Fluid2 - link below) and a television and a good movie on Netflix will burn 400 calories an hour or more while being a source of entertainment (I'm re-watching all the Bond films these days). Low impact and great for both endurance and strength training.

Have you seen a doctor about the pain you experience running? I always thought I had bad knees/ankles - turns out I just had very weak stabilizer muscles and needed to do some proper strength training.

http://www.rei.com/product/667910/cycleops-fluid-2-bike-trainer?s_kwcid=TC|13029|fluid%202%20trainer||S|e|8280798965&gclid=CJWYtZey_qwCFcOP7Qodsi8tRg
  • december8teen
    Options
    I'm not able to work out much, and sometimes it's too painful to walk/run.

But, I would really love ways to still burn calories without walking/running or standing up for a long period of time.

I do wii fit occasionally but it ends up making me limp for a few days :/

Cycling, swimming, and I personally like the rowing machine. It's a great way to burn calories as well toning your back, legs and arms.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have great calorie burning workout ideas....but not gonna post it in public :)

this is what I was thinking when I saw this! naughty, I know...I can't help it!
    Ditto! lol