Share your favourite apps and websites to staying healthy!

Options
I am looking to start running and just downloaded the 5k runner app. Has anyone tried this app? I have always found running to be pretty tough, so I hope this app will help me train at a reasonable pace. What are some of your favourite apps or sites (besides MFP) that help you with fittness or healthy eating??

Replies

• meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    O-M-G....I just found this FREE app that I love on my iPhone... It's called iMapMyRUN.... It uses GPS to log your pace and mileage and calories burned and it has a calorie counting/food element similar to MFP...But I usually use it for the running part.

I LOVE IT!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    MiCoach i love that app. I use it for training for a half marathon. But you can choose to do weightloss and other stuff. Its an app from adidas. and they have a website too, check it out
  • dcporlando
    Options
    I like walkmeter and pedometer in the itunes app store.
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    C25k aka Ease into 5K has me running, which I couldnt do before starting it. I totally love this app and tell everyone I know about it. It's an awesome app!!! Good luck :)
  • rgrinam
    rgrinam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Workout Trainer by Skimble app to keep track of my workouts. It allows me to log which workouts I do each day, anddd it has a HUGE database of new workouts to try! I love it!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of my 5K training app and I have been using "Loseit" which I like but it's a lot like MFP (without the support). I use a map running app too but it's calling RunKeeper and then "TargetWeight" which shows your BMI and it tracks your progress. I like that one because it shows your how close you are to meeting your goals and I usually set short term goals and then set up a new one. Hope these help!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Droid and love CardioTracker to track my distance, speed, time, etc. when I walk or jog.

BUT - I ordered an iPhone yesterday and can't wait to start using some of these other apps.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    miCoach by Adidas. Has GPS and keeps track of your routes and distance, workout history, etc. You can also access your music playlist from the app so you don't have to exit out.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo to track my exercise.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    IMapMyRUN, Bodybuilding, Nike Training Club.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    The MFP iphone app, the Fitocracy website (they're putting out an iphone app soon!), Mark's Daily Apple website, and Scooby's Workshop. This guy just grew on me after my husband showed it to me when we were still dating. I'm still checking out LeanGains and Nerd Fitness. I like some of the ideas on those. I tried to like BodyRock but just can't get past her silly grunts... give me a break.
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Websites:

Nutrition: www.bodyrecomposition.com ( Awesome website for evidence based nutritional and excercise information)
    www.leangains.com ( Great site on intermittent Fasting )
    www.alanaragon.com ( Great site for dogma free nutritional information)

Training: www.rosstraining.com ( Outstanding website for body weight and low tech exercises. Also checkout his videos on youtube,
    Ross Enamait is a beast) His Books and DVDs are very affordable and packed with info and Ross is the best when it comes
    to customer service.

www.strengthcoach.com (Paid website, you can try it out for $1.00 for 14 days.) Fantastic training resource. Lots of great
    information and the sites has one of the best forums hands down. Some of top Strength Coaches and Fitness Trainers are
    members and are very active and helpful on the forums.

www.maxwellsc.com ( Also check out his youtube page. I want to look like Steve when I get his age)

www.8weeksout.com ( Lots of great training content on Joels website)

www.Beastskills.com ( Great site with free tutorials on advance body weight exercises)

Podcast: (You can download for free on Itunes)
    Strength Coach
    Fitcast
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good walking app, or pedometer. The free ones for iPhone. Any recommendations?
  • angelbeville
    Options
    www.whfoods.com

World's Healthiest Foods

Good site for nutritional info. Includes the health benefits of the food, how to select it, how to store it, and how to prepare it