HELP! I need dieting and exercise tips and is it possible to

Options
I'm eating right and I'm exercising right but I'm just not shedding the weight off fast enough. I've been dieting for over a month now and I only lost 15 lbs. It's great that I lost 15 lbs but I feel like I should have lost more. What am I doing wrong? And I'm going back home Friday and I at least want to be another size smaller when I go back home, is it possible to shed 10 lbs that quickly?

Replies

• MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not without a possible trip to the hospital. 15 pounds in a month is actually hella great. They have cleanses and stuff but that will only be like water weight and it will be back next week when you eat normal again
  • Gabbymc6791
    Options
    Yeah I just really wish I could shed these pounds faster. I didn't think it would take this long. But nonetheless I am still very determined and encouraged to lose this weight!
  • Gabbymc6791
    Options
    Hey jw did this pop up under the message board topics?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It took time to put the weight on, and sadly it takes time to take it back off. You've actually done really great if you've been at this less than 2 months. Celebrate your success so far and let it fuel your continued efforts. You're doing great.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    15 pounds in a month - that's nearly 4 pounds a week - that's a HUGE loss!
    Many people lose weight faster when they first start, but it's just not realistic to keep losing weight that fast over the long term and to stay healthy (well, maybe if you have a LOT of weight to lose, but not for most people).

Enjoy the positive changes you've made, you know you are on the right track. Keep eating well and doing some exercise, but don't risk your health and long term success by trying to go too fast.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It took time to put the weight on, and sadly it takes time to take it back off. You've actually done really great if you've been at this less than 2 months. Celebrate your success so far and let it fuel your continued efforts. You're doing great.

That's what I was going to say. I can tell you from experience that if you lose really fast, you don't have a great chance of keeping it off. The healthiest way is 1-2 pounds per week. 15 pounds in one month is incredible. You don't look like you have much to lose-I'm sure people will notice 15 pounds off of you!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry I'm going to say this.. but you know everytime I see someone who lost weight quickly.. I think to myself, the next time I see that person I know they will be chubby/fat again. Anyone who loses weight that fast seems to gain it back because it happens so quickly that you don't realize how hard you had worked to get there. Enjoy the weight loss. Enjoy your family seeing you this time and brag about how well you are doing. They will notice. Then next time you can be even thinner and the best part you will be able to keep it off!!

Nice job and good luck to you. Slow down.. you have the rest of your life!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You've got unrealistic expectations hunny, 15 lbs in a month is spectacular! If you expect drastic results, you'll see how fast the pounds come right back on...

Just wondering, where you get the idea that you should be losing more than that in such a short amount of time?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm eating right and I'm exercising right but I'm just not shedding the weight off fast enough. I've been dieting for over a month now and I only lost 15 lbs. It's great that I lost 15 lbs but I feel like I should have lost more. What am I doing wrong? And I'm going back home Friday and I at least want to be another size smaller when I go back home, is it possible to shed 10 lbs that quickly?

Really??? I read your post a few times and wondered if you're being satirical :P

If not, then 15lbs is a huge loss and you should be pleased. It would be impossible to lose more than 2lbs a week unless you were creating a massive deficit and essentially depriving yourself of nutrients your body needs. If you've lost 15lbs in a month you aren't doing anything wrong. You should stick to what you're doing and just chillax. It'll happen eventually - think long term!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    And I'm sorry to say it, but short of cutting off a limb, you won't be losing 10 lbs by Friday...
  • Gabbymc6791
    Options
    Thanks a lot you guys. I guess I keep comparing myself to my boyfriend and my friend on how fast they lost the weight and just thought I was doing something wrong. But I'll stick to what I am doing, thank you a lot everybody this helped me a lot! :D
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot you guys. I guess I keep comparing myself to my boyfriend and my friend on how fast they lost the weight and just thought I was doing something wrong. But I'll stick to what I am doing, thank you a lot everybody this helped me a lot! :D

Definitely don't compare yourself to other people, especially if they happened to have a lot more weight to lose. Bigger people can lose weight faster (ever watch The Biggest Loser where a woman might lose 3 lbs but the same week a big guy might lose 20?). Everyone is different and everyone might lose weight a little differently. 15 lbs is fantastic. Think about it this way, you are almost 1/3 of the way to your goal already! Just don't be disappointed if the weightloss slows down as you get closer to your goal - that is normal and healthy and will actually help you keep the weight off better than if you just worke up tomorrow 51 lbs lighter. :-)
  • Gabbymc6791
    Options
    Thank you Mrs Floyd, you are a huge help! :D
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

Wish I could lose 15lbs in one month thats great!.. it took me about 3 month to lose my first 9lb! .. then I went low carb and dropped another 16lb in a few months... i lost 7lb first week of going low carb (no potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, pastry items etc) but I've never lost that much again in one week since.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    For losing 15lbs in just over a month that's more than normal. And to lose 10lbs by Friday you'd be heading to the hospital I would say. It took me from Feb.15th to Dec 10th to lose 50lbs and I think that's just fine.