Muscle Does NOT Weigh More Than Fat

Options
13»

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    yeah the feet feet part too. My grandma would say that to me, but I think she just didn't want a smelly socked child around.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    This argument reminds me of when I was 4 and I was in the car with my two older brothers, I had no concept of acceleration and velocity. They mentioned that we were going the same speed as the car behind us (I forget why), and I couldn't understand, if they were going the same speed as us, why they hadn't sped up and hit us. They explained it to me for ten minutes to no avail! LOL!

Needless to say, I'm well versed in velocity these days. As I am in volume measurements, density.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Just remember...you guys have been on this site for a long time and discussed these topics frequently. Sometimes new members join and have the questions you had when you 1st joined. I know sometimes it gets repetitive, but they are genuine questions and concerns that these new members have....try to be gentle.

I completely agree with you. A lot of the time, I read the posts and gain a lot of information to questions that I never would have even thought to ask, or to SEARCH for. I don't know why people get so irritated when there has already been a discussion on a certain topic. There is nothing wrong with refering someone to a thread regarding the topic they are asking about, but there is no need to become irritated or rude.
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Just remember...you guys have been on this site for a long time and discussed these topics frequently. Sometimes new members join and have the questions you had when you 1st joined. I know sometimes it gets repetitive, but they are genuine questions and concerns that these new members have....try to be gentle.

I completely agree with you. A lot of the time, I read the posts and gain a lot of information to questions that I never would have even thought to ask, or to SEARCH for. I don't know why people get so irritated when there has already been a discussion on a certain topic. There is nothing wrong with refering someone to a thread regarding the topic they are asking about, but there is no need to become irritated or rude.

:blushing: That would be me.....so thank you :drinker:

Oh...and Dave.....just to put your mind at ease.....No more breeding for me :heart: :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    You LOSE weight.

Your pants are LOOSE.

:wink:
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    there was a clip on biggest loser where I think Jillian is saying this exact thing!!! her and bob talked about the most annoying myths and this was one of them.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    You LOSE weight.

Your pants are LOOSE.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It makes me giggle every time I see it.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    this is so true.....fiber for fiber fat does not weigh as much.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am one of the weigh more look less people...from my *kitten* down I am nothing but mucsle....people rarely guess that I am 229.....usually I get 190......this was an interesting post.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    You LOSE weight.

Your pants are LOOSE.

How about this one I have seen....advise and advice...

I have seen this mis-used a lot but my boyfriend tells me that one is the american way of spelling and that they are the same. I disagree. I know, here in Canada, we spell colour but in the states it is color.
  • jabba11
    jabba11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As a side note, the way i understand it the reason you may gain weight when intially begining a workout program is becasue the act of building muscle requires you to "tear" it. Part of the rebuilding process for muscle is to do this and you will experience some mild swelling and water retention. You dont even have to be "sore" for this to occur. many people often gain weight at first and give up..dont do it, eventually the scale will move the other way if you diet is right and you are putting out enough effort. Calories in and calories out folks its that simple. Another mistake I have seen and hear dpeople make is to actually not eat enough wchi causes your body to go into starvation mode which actually reduces the amount of weight you may lose.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You LOSE weight.

Your pants are LOOSE.

I have seen this mis-used a lot but my boyfriend tells me that one is the american way of spelling and that they are the same. I disagree. I know, here in Canada, we spell colour but in the states it is color.

Advice is a noun.

Advise is a verb.

When Ann Landers advises people, she gives them advice.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    You LOSE weight.

Your pants are LOOSE.

Advice is a noun.

Advise is a verb.

When Ann Landers advises people, she gives them advice.
    I knew I was right! Nuts! I should have placed a bet on that one :smile: