50 lbs lost - Halfway There - Pics

Options
I'm clueless on how to post pics...there's only about a 1% chance that I could get this right on the first try.

12-07-102778-1.jpg

The first pic - my before. Exactly 1 year ago. 277.8 lbs. At a photo shoot for a promotion I was doing. Totally miserable and unhappy. A woman who had sacrificed for 7 years and compromised and was in a marriage that had led her down a path of self destruction and self loathing. Seeking confort in food and being swallowed up by lethargy and depression.

12-07-112238.jpg

The second pic - my during. One year later and 50 lbs lighter. A single mom who struggled for a year on and off to improve herself in many way...including eating right and getting active. A woman who just went through the hardest year of her life with the some of the lowest points ever. But a woman who's knows what it's like to be happy again....and who does things for herself and puts herself first. A work in progress.

Replies

• MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think I figured it out....only took about 20 tries......
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! There's a huge difference and you've been doing great! Proud of you!
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Wow, you're looking great! And you sound like you have a fantastic attitude. Keep up the good work. :D
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    well you certainly look a lot better. I'm so glad you got out of a bad situation, and you are putting energy into getting yourself back on track. From someone who has had to pick herself up first from divorce, second from widowhood and third from a child having cancer! You are worth it!

Hugs
    GG
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fight on, lady - you know you're on the right track! Congratulations on recovering yourself.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great honey! Congrats on your new life!!!!!
  • ambie84
    Options
    The biggest change is in your eyes...you see some of that beautiful sparkle in the "during" shot. You are lovely.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Even though the pictures are wonderful, the strides you are making in your personal life are worth a high five too! Just know you are worth it and every day is a stepping stone towards your future. Keep it up!
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! Good for you - you have made wonderful progress!
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    Terrific! You look so happy! Keep up the good work
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You look great....keep it up!!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That is one awesome-looking you! Sounds like you have overcome so much personally while still being dedicated to your own health. You are truly an inspiration! Best on your continued journey :flowerforyou:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Best wishes on your path to happiness!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words. I mostly posted this for myself. It's hard to look in the mirror everyday and see a big difference. It's so gradual. But having pictures right there makes a huge difference. I wish I had made more progress in the year I've been working on it - because I've definetely had a few slips. But I'm proud that every time I have fallen off - the weight loss and the emotional roller coaster - I've picked myself up and gotten back on. And I'm still heading in the right direction.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Not only do you look fantastic but you sound like an incredibly strong woman. Congrats on getting on the road to happiness.
  • alarmmanIII
    Options
    Amy you look wonderful!! keep up the hard work :)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! Glad you made it through. You are a survivor so keep pushing, Killer!:happy:
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You sound like a strong woman - keep your chin up. :)
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    You gave me goosebumps. A real inspiration. Good luck on the rest of your journey beautiful xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!