Low-Cal Monkey Bread

Options
nicolemarie045
nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
So I found this recipe on Pinterest...so it's not mine, but I tried it yesterday for brunch and it was delicious!! This is half the original recipe and made 6 muffin tins full, so you can double it for 12.

Ingredients:
1 8oz can of reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 T Splenda blend
1 T Cinnamon
1/2 T light butter spread
1/4 Cup sugar free maple syrup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6 tin muffin tin with non-stick spray. Open up can of crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 3 equal size pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a small ball, totalling 24 balls. Mix splenda and 1/2 of cinnamon together in a bowl, roll each dough ball in the mixture. Melt the butter spread in microwave safe bowl, add syrup and other half of cinnamon and mix well. Place 4 dough balls in each muffin tin and pour the syrup mixture over top to coat them. Bake for 15-20 mins or until carmelized on top (mine took just 15 minutes), remove from oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.

Servings: 6 individual monkey breads, 136 calories, 20 carbs, 6 g fat, 3 protein, 318 sodium, 1 fiber ( I used Blue Bonnet light spread, Splenda white sugar blend, and Maple Grove Farms sugar free maple syrup)

Replies