how poach eggs?

Options
rodegghero
rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
Can anyone give me.their favorite, easy instructions.....

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump.....
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup water in glass dish with 1 tsp vinegar. Drop in egg, prick yolk with toothpick and microwave 1 min. Done perfect.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I use cling wrap!

I get a cup and I cover it with cling wrap. I push the cling wrap into the cup while making sure the edges of the cling wrap stay over the rim of the cup.

I crack an egg into the cling wrap then twist the cling wrap closed.

I bring water to the boil then I drop the cling wrapped eggs into the water and leave them there between 4 and 4.5 minutes. Makes them with nice, gooey yolks :)
  • iaho1976
    Options
    What Emurano said, cling wrap is so easy, 4 minutes for a medium chicken egg, 5 minutes for a duck egg. I love poached eggs and just writing this is making me hungry, guess that has sorted what I have for lunch ;)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Two poached eggs on a toasted soar dough with smoked salmon, bacon and avocado ... mmmm weekend breakfast!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I've heard about the cling wrap method, I am told it gives perfection, but am yet to try it.

I just use a few tablespoons of white vinegar in the water, wait until it comes to a rolling boil, crack the egg into a teacup and lower it into the water at an angle. Let a bit of the boiling water into the cup for a few seconds, then gently tilt the egg out. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes (usually enough time for the toast to cook or the mushrooms to grill) then rescue them with a slotted spoon.

Yummo :)
  • iaho1976
    Options
    Toast OR Mushrooms ?!?!?! Both surely :) - A nice slice of wholegrain bread covered in mushrooms topped off with a poached egg. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Kymmy81
    Options
    Plus hollandaise sauce and cracked pepper, right?

My mouth is watering!!
  • Kymmy81
    Options
    Ooh, and emurano's avocado too - perfection :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I've heard about the cling wrap method, I am told it gives perfection, but am yet to try it.

I just use a few tablespoons of white vinegar in the water, wait until it comes to a rolling boil, crack the egg into a teacup and lower it into the water at an angle. Let a bit of the boiling water into the cup for a few seconds, then gently tilt the egg out. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes (usually enough time for the toast to cook or the mushrooms to grill) then rescue them with a slotted spoon.

Yummo :)

I do it like this except I crack my egg into a ladle and gently lower the ladle into the water. Letting the water into the ladle and holding it for a little bit before ever so gently letting the egg slide into the water.
  • iaho1976
    Options
    Ooh, and emurano's avocado too - perfection :)

Def the hollandaise sauce and cracked pepper, not tried avocado but I certainly will....
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Poaching Pods! Search them on Amazon they're amazing, I can never poach an egg without it looking like a disaster but these things are brilliant.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Easiest method for a weekday morning when you're rushing... Put a tiny bit of butter and the egg into a small ramekin, cover with cling-film and pierce the film with a fork. Microwave on 2nd highest power setting for 40-50 seconds (experiment with your microwave to find the perfect egg for you!). Remove film, turn egg out.

At the weekend, when you've got time, a poached-egg pot in boiling water is the simplest way I know
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I just crack an egg into a mug.. cover the top.. warm for 30 seconds in microwave.. take it out to cool for 10 seconds. Back in for a bit and so forth until all the 'slimy' egg white is cooked through. It's quick and easy and blowes everyones mind here at work :)
  • JadePoynter1
    Options
    i discovered a new to do mine. i just swap oil for water in a frying pan, bring to boil, crack in the eggs.

just do exactly what you would if u were frying them. the whites also taste like they have been fried rather then poached which i love because it tricks your mind :happy: