"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Options
13»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If your food doesn't taste as good as skinny feels, you're eating the wrong foods.

Being skinny kinda sucks. Being strong, fit, active and healthy rocks. Because when you're strong, fit, active and healthy, you can eat pretty much whatever you damn well please, and have the metabolism to burn it off.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Healthy > skinny

I have no desire to be thin. I have a desire to be healthy and fit. They are not the same thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options

I wouldn't tell that to a bulimic. That would be inappropriate. This website is not for bulimics, though. It is for people trying to lose weight a healthy way.
    I made the statement with sarcasm. Bulimia opposes what the OP's statement is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kady11
    kady11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    well said!:wink:
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I stand by the quote "you are what you eat"

that's why I eat skinny people....
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    That is a Kate Moss quote I wish I could believe!

Today was rough. I have been creating a surplus of calories by eating tiny meals so that I can have dinner with my boyfriend and our mutual friend, but even with this surplus, I am still not able to have dessert and one of the side dishes. I am also cutting the appetizer in half! It kills!
    ... After instructing clients my first few years to cut sweets, sugar, salt, carbs, etc. and see them lose weight, but gain it back because they "missed" their favorites, I am more of a realist as a trainer and don't really tell them to cut anything out now. My clients now don't have issues with dieting and regain. So yes you can have your taste buds happy and still be skinny if you stay in calorie control. That's really all it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This is the difference between living it as a lifestyle, or in it to regain it and start over and over again....

esp when you've been diligent, your body won't even notice a dinner like the one you hope to enjoy!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    firstly, PLENTY of things taste good... and second, who wants to be 'skinny'? its not the look i'm going for!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Kate Moss is a liar. Bacon tastes way better than skinny.

Bacon may be the most versatile and wonderful food ever devised.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Skinny means nothing to me. Being healthy and happy? Now that has meaning.
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It is only pro-anorexia if you are anorexic. Otherwise, it is a reminder of why you are doing what you are doing.

There are plenty of people who want to lose weight for appearances who are considered in the "healthy" range. As long as you stay in the healthy range, and are not underweight, there is nothing wrong with that.

There is a difference between the "healthy range" and actually being HEALTHY. Being healthy is being able to walk around all day at the zoo without being tired or aching within a couple hours. Its being able to chase a toddler and grab him and lift him out of the way of a car.

Being a "healthy weight" is a misnomer. It just means some statistical analysis says that people in this range are GENERALLY healthier than those who are not. But I am a damn sight healthier than a lot of "healthy range" people I know, even though I'm 15lbs outside of a so called healthy BMI.

Also for the record, I actually DO like this quote for myself on some days. And I know food tastes good - I LOVE food. I got fat eating unbelievably delicious food in huge quantities (And I don't mean like people think mcdonalds and pizza is delicious, I mean eating sashimi and sushi until I was stuffed to the gills and loving every single little fishy bite).

And I still have all the delicious things I want in moderation, so to me this isn't a quote about denying myself all foodly pleasures (Even though I guess it is from most people's perspectives and I didn't know it was a Kate moss thing). For me its about being able to say "yeah, that oatmeal toffee cookie would be delicious right now but I have already eaten more than my fair share of delicious food today. We can have that delicious cookie tomorrow when we have a double workout planned. Eating that cookie right now won't taste as good as being skinny feels."

But I do intend to eat that cookie sometime, just not on a day that I also had homemade biscuits. *cough*

PS: To the OP - you don't have that much to lose. It sounds to me like you are WAY over-restricting your intake. There's no reason you couldn't have had dessert last night. A super rigid diet that takes away things you enjoy is a DIET THAT IS DESTINED TO FAIL.

I go over on my calories regularly. REGULARLY. OFTEN! A lot of times I just have the damn cookie, order the cheese plate, or whatever. and that is with my calories already being set quite high compared to some people.

Skinny people who have NOT dieted down to skinniness eat dessert. The difference is that they don't eat it every day or eat huge portions of it, or they order a lower calorie dinner and fit in their dessert.

So next time - go to dinner, have a good time, order something lighter for your entry, split the appetizer and dessert, and look at the red number on your diary and think "damn, that was good"

I LOVED every single second of your post! =)
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Quoting: "No, it's a quote that promotes eating disorders. The meaning behind the quote is, 'Do you want to eat, or do you want to be skinny?'"

That, my friend, is a logical fallacy created by all-or-nothing thinking. She isn't saying that one must not eat in order to be skinny. Nothing in that quote advocates not eating. She is simply suggesting that you put your goal before your indulgences.

The problem is that people are hyper-sensitive about anything advocating thinness, which is ridiculous. I think this hyper-sensitivity is just adding to obesity epidemic in America. People are using it as an excuse to not watch their weight; it's created this unhealthy mindset that equates watching what you eat with anorexia.

Very well said!
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i dunno, i sure do love some pie lol....and i dont want to be skinny :( i wanna be buff! :)
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    I dont think quotes like this should be taken too seriously - i think a lot of people are being a little hypo-senstive about it. I like to look at this quote as motivation to stop me going and binging or 5 cupcakes - or a whole pizza - not to stop eating altogether! As much as i love the taste of yummy food- I dont like the consequences of looking in the mirror and wanting to cry due to being fat and unhealthy and to be honest eating 'crap' which tastes 'good' doesnt make you feel good, it makes you feel tired, bloated and gives you no energy... so for me yeah the taste of gorging on yummy foods (cakes, burgers, pasta, pizza etc) is not as good as the way I feel right now - which is fit enough to run 15km at a time, strong, healthy and yeah you know what skinner and looking TONS better!!!! I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to do this journey to feel and LOOK better - you cant assume that this quote will mean and promote 'eating disorder' for everyone who takes something from it.
  • magiejbailey
    Options
    what is a Rollo McFlurry -do you have a recipe?