So I started and completed Jillian Michaels shred (30 day sh

Options
aly_baba
aly_baba Posts: 46 Member
So I started and completed Jillian Michaels shred (30 day shred). I’m not saying 30DS because it took me a lot longer than 30 days! I decided to do it 5 days a week and have a rest day on Wednesday and either Saturday or Sunday. So I spread it out over 6 weeks. 6 days out of the week I would stick to mfp daily calories and 95% of the time I ate back my exercise calories. I’d have one blow out day a week…. Well it is party season!! :drinker:

Here are my results:

Start Weight: 159.2lbs
End Weight: 154.5lbs (-4.7lbs)

Start Measurements::sad:
End Measurements: :noway: :smile:
Waist 36
Waist 33 (-3)
Hips 43.5
Hips 40.5 (-3)
Bust 38.5
Bust 37 (-1.5)
Tummy 40.5
Tummy 38 (-2.5)
Arm R 13
Arm R 12 (-1)
Arm L 13.5
Arm L 12.5 (-1)
Calf L 16
Calf L 15.25 (-.75)
Calf R16
Calf R 15.5 (-5)
Thigh R 25
Thigh R 23 (-2)
Thigh L 25
Thigh L 22.5 (-2.5)
The Blob** 34.5
The Blob** 31.5 (-3)

(** This is an area on my tummy I affectionately call The Blob and can’t wait to say goodbye to!!)

Total Loss: 4.7lbs
Total Inches Loss: 19.75

I didn’t loose that much weight but it’s about ¾ a pound a week which I’m happy with. Loose it slowly, keep it off and keep toning! That's my plan for now.

I know it looks like I lost lots of inches but I did measure practically every part of me! I didn’t take any pictures this time but I can see the difference in my body and I’m starting to see a more toned and lean me! Yippee!! I have to say it was fantastic this year going out for Christmas clothes shopping I wasn’t standing in the dressing room with an outfit on thinking if only I was ½ stone lighter it would look brilliant! Between loosing the few pounds and all the toning it ended costing me a small fortune because I liked everything I tried on! Haha!!

Best of luck to anyone else out there doing the shred, its tough and you’ll be sore but no gain without some pain and I’m really happy with my results :bigsmile:

Replies

• Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Ok - that's it - I'm doing the shred. AMAZING result. Well done.
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Those are some awesome results! I'm looking forward to starting in the new year. I've requested the dvd's and weights for xmas this year. :smile:
    Wondering what you used for weights. I will defintely take lots of measurments as well.
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This should really motivate me to get back onto it. I started it, but I can't get myself do it every day, because I get home and then have to jump around in front of my flatmate ( who doesn't mind but it's easier to do it when I'm alone in the living room).
    So I managed 4 days of Level 1, only 4, technically I have to start all over again as it's 4 days in 16 lol. SIGH!
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    I finished the 30DS too! I did do the 30 days straight, but I will say I was extremely sore the first week and had to soak in the hottub every night. I didn't measure every part of my body but I lost 7 inches in my waist, 3 in my hips and 1 off each arm and 2 off each thigh. I was thrilled with the results and now I'm doing her Ripped in 30! And I'm loving those results too!
  • Brandib1985
    Brandib1985 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am on day 19 today and am so ready to be done!(lol) great results!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Those are amazing results!! I opened the case of my 30DS and the DVD was NOT in it!! So I MUST find it!!! I need to do the shred!!!
  • Lwoodslim
    Lwoodslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW! Those results are amazing. Sometimes I don't really look at my weight. Its more about how you feel in your clothes and how they look on you. Congrats on the new wardrobe!! That is a fun yet sad part of losing weight, finding new favorite articles of clothing.

Keep it up, your doing great!
  • aly_baba
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely replies I'm really chuffed :blushing:

Feel free to add me if you want some extra support I plan on doing the shred again come mid January and just do other excercise til then.

Best of luck everyone I hope you have fantastic results too when you complete your shred!
  • aly_baba
    Options
    @ Libbyly thank you so much and hope this gives you the push to start shredding! You'll be so happy you did!

@ ski0721 i bought dumbells that were 3kg but for some of the the excercies I just couldn't do them so used 1kg dumbells.
    What a great xmas pressie and yes take lots of measurements I didn't loose a huge amount of weight but the inches lost made a huge difference on my body shape and how clothes fit. Best of luck with your shredding!

@melainemelain I was the same too had two attempted starts and gave up. I used to do it in my bedroom too sometimes on the laptop. You don't need a whole lot of space to do it. Best of luck with it!

@ misti17 Congrats you got fantastic results! Best of luck with ripped in 30 let me know how you get on.

@ txgal0919 Fantasitc job, only 11 left! Wahoo! Hope you too have brilliant results its fantastic when you are done and see how all your hard work has paid off.

@ mom2rhylee Find it!! Oh hope you do find it and start shredding. Its tough and you'll be so sore at the start but keep pushing through it and you'll be delighted with the results!

@ Lwoodslim aww thanks so much for the support Laura. You are right I think how clothes fit and feel is a big part the scales to me are not as important. Yep it sure was fun getting rid of the old bigger clothes and shopping for new!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am on day 4 today... hope my results are equally impressive!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 DS just before Thanksgiving... I cannot do it on Thursdays due to too much going on... but I think I have to rename it the 90 DS... I'm sure I'm going to be on Level one for at least 30 days!... Well, I'm not moving on until I can get through it without having to stop... and I can't get all the pushups done... and in the 2nd set I have a hard time with the full 2 minutes of cardio (yet, oddly enough I can get through the 2 minutes in set 3? weird).

I have a lot of weight left to lose and I am doing this as well as doing a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD "Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms"...

I already see a difference in my body and in my strength. I despise Jillian Michaels but I have to say I love the shred.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I finished the 30DS too! I did do the 30 days straight, but I will say I was extremely sore the first week and had to soak in the hottub every night. I didn't measure every part of my body but I lost 7 inches in my waist, 3 in my hips and 1 off each arm and 2 off each thigh. I was thrilled with the results and now I'm doing her Ripped in 30! And I'm loving those results too!

Holy crap! Is that YOU in the profile pic?? You're freakin' BUFF! :noway: :bigsmile:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I decided to start a 30 day challenge also. You will be my inspiration! :)
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Almost 20 inches!?!?!?! AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!! You did it!! You have to feel fantastic right now! I'm so proud of you I can't even put it into words. Its almost like I did it again with you! lol Hopefully by Jan. I will be back to exercising and we can do it together this time around. :bigsmile: XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Almost 20 inches!?!?!?! AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!! You did it!! You have to feel fantastic right now! I'm so proud of you I can't even put it into words. Its almost like I did it again with you! lol Hopefully by Jan. I will be back to exercising and we can do it together this time around. :bigsmile: XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I did the "Shred" this summer.....lost 4lbs, 24 inches overall and went down a size! I have 4 days left of my second round of it! This time taking breaks since the first time I only took 2 days off to go camping over July 4th! The scale may not show alot but the inches sure reflect it!!! Awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!