Maximum Heart Rate

Options
13»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    And I just put a link to this Great Discussion on the "Links" Thread in the sticky threads under the "General Weight Loss" Tab.

Thank you all for a terrific, respectful debate!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again?page=9#posts-577697

:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And I just put a link to this Great Discussion on the "Links" Thread in the sticky threads under the "General Weight Loss" Tab.

Thank you all for a terrific, respectful debate!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again?page=9#posts-577697

:glasses:

Cheryl, that is SO cool!! Thanks! Best Bday present of all!!

I love when intelligent, kind minds debate and give out some good info!!

:smooched:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I :heart: YOU, Jeannie!

Happy Birthday!

I'm PMing you sumpin'. You'll like it!!

~Cheryl
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Side note, this is why people who have never worked out or are really obese and work out lightly still see massive body changes in the beginning. Because when you are at that level, almost ANY workout is anaerobic, and the body reacts the same way it would if you were in good shape and working out at a very intense level. Sadly it doesn't stay this way, as our muscles develop, we need to do harder and harder work to get them to the "next level".

Ugg... this is where I'm at now, having to increase my efforts to get results. But, hey, if it were easy... everyone would be svelte!

I have to do this also. I used to only do fast walking on an incline on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and now I have to do it for 40 minutes to burn the same amount of calories. I am trying to change my routine, and it seems to help, but I still have to work harder or longer to get the same results.

here is what I have done.

I set up my Ipod with a 45 minute workout.
    All songs are 3-4 minutes long so perfect timing for an interval.

+Start with slow warm up song.
    +Then I have a faster paced
    +Then a jogging pace
    +next a slower pace, but I kick up the incline to 5 so I am useing different muscles ( and DONT hold on when on incline, you ruin the benefits of using your core muscles!!!)
    +My next song is even slower, on a higher incline 7-8 and again DONT hold on
    + Next song is fast again, on flat land but almost, but not quite jogging
    + Slower song with some ooomph.....I like a good Salsa song. I move my hips a bit, and hold my abs in tight. I can feel them working
    + Last but not least a slow cool down song.

I have a GREAT workout with this and feel like I am making some headway in my workouts!!

(maybe too detailed......sorry!!)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Happy Birthday!

~Cheryl

HEY!!! I swam with a SHARK!! We went looking for dolphins, and found a nurse shark. he didnt care a thing about me!!

I told DH next yr is Bimini and dolphin experience for our 25th anniversary!!:heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options

Happy Birthday!

~Cheryl

HEY!!! I swam with a SHARK!! We went looking for dolphins, and found a nurse shark. he didnt care a thing about me!!

I told DH next yr is Bimini and dolphin experience for our 25th anniversary!!:heart:

With your friend Cheryl.....don't go in April or May, though - too windy to snorkel. - - I PMed you with STUFF!! We can swim with Tiger Sharks in BIM. :glasses: :happy:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Side note, this is why people who have never worked out or are really obese and work out lightly still see massive body changes in the beginning. Because when you are at that level, almost ANY workout is anaerobic, and the body reacts the same way it would if you were in good shape and working out at a very intense level. Sadly it doesn't stay this way, as our muscles develop, we need to do harder and harder work to get them to the "next level".

Ugg... this is where I'm at now, having to increase my efforts to get results. But, hey, if it were easy... everyone would be svelte!

I have to do this also. I used to only do fast walking on an incline on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and now I have to do it for 40 minutes to burn the same amount of calories. I am trying to change my routine, and it seems to help, but I still have to work harder or longer to get the same results.

here is what I have done.

I set up my Ipod with a 45 minute workout.
    All songs are 3-4 minutes long so perfect timing for an interval.

+Start with slow warm up song.
    +Then I have a faster paced
    +Then a jogging pace
    +next a slower pace, but I kick up the incline to 5 so I am useing different muscles ( and DONT hold on when on incline, you ruin the benefits of using your core muscles!!!)
    +My next song is even slower, on a higher incline 7-8 and again DONT hold on
    + Next song is fast again, on flat land but almost, but not quite jogging
    + Slower song with some ooomph.....I like a good Salsa song. I move my hips a bit, and hold my abs in tight. I can feel them working
    + Last but not least a slow cool down song.

I have a GREAT workout with this and feel like I am making some headway in my workouts!!

(maybe too detailed......sorry!!)

Thank you for the details! That helps me alot to see what others are doing and what works for them. I do much the same as you (never holding on to the bars :) I need to preset a couple of play lists to mix things up a bit and keep me from getting bored.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Happy Birthday!

~Cheryl

With your friend Cheryl.....don't go in April or May, though - too windy to snorkel. - - I PMed you with STUFF!! We can swim with Tiger Sharks in BIM. :glasses: :happy:

Thanks the Vid was amazing!! I will look into next yr in June. It looks like an experience of a lifetime!:flowerforyou:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bumping this to put it in my topics...

as usual Banks, you're my hero... :drinker:

Edited to say.. and AWTY, great thread!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    bump