LOVE YOUR BODY <3

Options
Hey guys and gals ;)

I couldn't help but notice that lately there have been many more threads relating to bringing down our bodies than normal. I've seen an increase in "what do you hate about yourself" and "ughhh my body sucks".. and I just have to say, LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN <3

None of us are perfect which is why we are here, there is always room for improvement and we all want to reach our fitness and physical goals. Treat your body the way you want it to treat you. We are all beautiful and unique.

Here's a song that helped me get through some insecurities (mainly for the ladies, don't think guys will care for it too much-but it is a hot chick singing- lol).. One of my friends wrote it and it's all about loving your flaws and owning what makes you unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_PpRpYME10

I especially like the sign that says "You are only as flawed as you believe"..

So in honor of respecting and loving our bodies, what are 3 things you LOVE most about your body?!?!

I'll start...

My booty, the fact that my tummy is always the first place I lose weight and an area that I always struggled with, but am choosing to love- my arms <3

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I love myself 2 sometimes 3 times a day:flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    ^^^I love his body, does that count?
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I've got good lips, a nice tush, and some killer legs (I once burst the calf seams on a pair of spandex workout pants after doing the StairMaster too much in college).
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely loving my *kitten* today, rock hard with some great dimples showing muscle off on the sides :-) oh and loving my 6 pack too hehehe :-)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...almost 45 and in better shape than I was 20 years ago! I love it!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! Y'all look great and I'm loving the positive feedback y'all are giving your bodies! beach girl, I'm sure u can come up with a a few things you love about your body :)
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    Absolutely...almost 45 and in better shape than I was 20 years ago! I love it!

way to go!! that is fantastic!!!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    boobs, hair, and freckles of course
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have a smallish waist (27.5" on a large bone structure, 5'10" frame)
    I have an hourglass figure (39" C / 27.5" W / 38" H)
    I have long legs (they're not that pretty, but they're strong)!
    I have visible biceps.
    After shedding 125 pounds, I have minimal loose skin. I have it, but not much. Many people are not so fortunate.
    I love the fact that I am no longer too fat to fit into amusement park rides or auditorium seats.

What do I love most?
    I have a healthy body weight and body fat percentage.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals ;)

I couldn't help but notice that lately there have been many more threads relating to bringing down our bodies than normal. I've seen an increase in "what do you hate about yourself" and "ughhh my body sucks".. and I just have to say, LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN <3

None of us are perfect which is why we are here, there is always room for improvement and we all want to reach our fitness and physical goals. Treat your body the way you want it to treat you. We are all beautiful and unique.

Here's a song that helped me get through some insecurities (mainly for the ladies, don't think guys will care for it too much-but it is a hot chick singing- lol).. One of my friends wrote it and it's all about loving your flaws and owning what makes you unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_PpRpYME10

I especially like the sign that says "You are only as flawed as you believe"..

So in honor of respecting and loving our bodies, what are 3 things you LOVE most about your body?!?!

I'll start...

My booty, the fact that my tummy is always the first place I lose weight and an area that I always struggled with, but am choosing to love- my arms <3

^^^^ Very well said!!!

*I like my hair when I'm having a good hair day it looks fabulous
    *I like being 53 years old and being able to work out like I was still 30
    *I like my feet :blushing:
  • alondrafd
    Options
    i like my legs, long and curby, very defined calfs lol love them
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Loved the video! Thank you for sharing! :smile: BTW...I can't spell!
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! y'all rock :) So proud of you guys!!!
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    Loved the video! Thank you for sharing! :smile: BTW...I can't spell!

I liked the guy that was holding up a sign that said "I wasn't aware I had flaws" :)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    WOW, great video!!!
    I have a birthmark scar on my shoulder like that girl in the video. When I was young, I used to think it was ugly. Then someone who cared about me a lot (an adult, who was wiser than me at the time) said, "That's where they removed your wings so you could stay here with us for a while." :blushing: I've NEVER forgotten it.

And when I look at my stretch-marked belly, I think -- I birthed two gorgeous 9-lb baby boys with no drugs. Strength is sexier than stretch marks, and my kids are so worth it.

Thanks you for this...:flowerforyou: we all NEEDED this. And I needed the REMINDER.
  • AdeanaClaire
    Options
    I have a birthmark scar on my shoulder like that girl in the video. When I was young, I used to think it was ugly. Then someone who cared about me a lot (an adult, who was wiser than me at the time) said, "That's where they removed your wings so you could stay here with us for a while." :blushing: I've NEVER forgotten it.

That is beautiful ♥

Okeydokey
    ♥ I love my hair because its super long and thick and wonderful and snazzy.
    ♥ I love, pretty much all my body, haha. If I had the chance to 'change' something I wouldn't because then I won't be able it say 'I worked really hard for this body'. My upper back is looking pretty awesome and my lower leg muscles are very nice :)
    ♥ And I love who I am/becoming on the inside. This whole journey for me is about becoming a better person. I've had social anxiety and depression for the most part of this year. I couldn't walk down the driveway without breaking down in to tears and yesterday I went for a run around the block and nothing stopped me. I used to think I was a monster (no joke, it was awful) and I use to harm myself when I 'didn't eat properly' or 'I ate too much' now I fuel me body with wonderful healthy food and I'm proud of it. I still struggle but its okay cause I'm getting there ♥

The human body is the most wonderful and amazing thing ♥
  • jeninabilan
    Options

That is beautiful ♥

Okeydokey
    ♥ I love my hair because its super long and thick and wonderful and snazzy.
    ♥ I love, pretty much all my body, haha. If I had the chance to 'change' something I wouldn't because then I won't be able it say 'I worked really hard for this body'. My upper back is looking pretty awesome and my lower leg muscles are very nice :)
    ♥ And I love who I am/becoming on the inside. This whole journey for me is about becoming a better person. I've had social anxiety and depression for the most part of this year. I couldn't walk down the driveway without breaking down in to tears and yesterday I went for a run around the block and nothing stopped me. I used to think I was a monster (no joke, it was awful) and I use to harm myself when I 'didn't eat properly' or 'I ate too much' now I fuel me body with wonderful healthy food and I'm proud of it. I still struggle but its okay cause I'm getting there ♥

The human body is the most wonderful and amazing thing ♥

love u <3
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    my eyes - everyone comments on their strange colour.

my straight hair - i dont have to style it too much and i usually dont!

my stomach because its where i put on and lose weight the most and i can really see it leaving!
  • jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love my skin. Grateful to have never had acne problems. I love how strong I feel, even though I thought I was weak. I love my long, thin(ish) arms. When I do snake arms when belly dancing, it's craziness. lol. And just in case feeling strong doesn't count, I really like my long, thin, flat feet (I wear a size 10) and don't care that they are big. They do a good job of carrying me around. Okay, I'm going to make a leap. One more... I love my flabby, stretched out belly. My babies used to be in there, and I don't mind having it as a reminder, they are worth it.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with looking at my butt in the mirror. I can see such a change and lift in it since I joined MFP. I am curvy and LOVE it, but that booty is my pride and joy right now!