Warrior Dash 2012

Options
Is anyone going to be training to do the Warrior Dash this coming year? Or has anyone done it before? I'm planning on getting in shape enough to complete the one at the New England location.

If you don't know what it is, check it out, www.warriordash.com

Replies

• chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did the WD this past May for the first time and will do it again May 2012. It was awesome!
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash in November. It was a blast. Highly recommend it.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just did it 2 weeks ago and loved it! It was so much fun!
  • BecLBe
    BecLBe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing it this up coming year here in Texas. I had planned on doing it back in 2010 but found out I was pregnant the week after I signed up for it. So I got to watch my hubby kill it. I did do the Jail Break, same thing only more running in between obsticle..was totally worth it. Made me feel good to run past all the skinny girls that were walking cuz they couldn't run that far without it. LOL Good luck and kill it!
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the WD. I'm doing it in 2012. I recommend hiking or running trails at a state park for training. :happy:
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love the WD. I'm doing it in 2012. I recommend hiking or running trails at a state park for training. :happy:

Great idea staceyb2003!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The Warrior Dash was my entire motivation to get in shape!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/263548-warrior-dash-mud-sweat-blood-and-beer-lotsa-pics

I really want to do it again, but so far, there's no Pennsylvania dates. :sad:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did it in September, fat and way out of shape. And I still had a blast. I'm looking forward to doing it again in April 2012, smaller and more fit!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I did WD last year but this year it doesn't look ilke its going to fit into my race schedule. It was a ton of fun though and I think everyone should give it a go.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm doing spartan race and rugged maniac. i might do the warrior dash in windham, NY if i'm not going to chicago for a triathlon.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing it March 2012, Live Oak FL.. Whoo Hoo!! Super excited!!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Kim doing Sydney, Australia in Feb next year.

I also found Sydney has a Mud Runner - and I was keen... Until I found out there is electricity involved. Even statins electricity from tinsel scares me, so I'm skipping that one!!!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in So Cali in April and doing Tough Mudder in Jan in Phenoix
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I hope I can do it this year, it's actually coming to Minnesota this year twice, so maybe I can do it both times.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the New England Warrior Dash last week! This will be my first time but I am so excited!
  • polarcubby
    Options
    I signed up for one in Ontario, Canada. Have 7 month to get in shape now! But it'll be an awesome motivation for me.
  • drizzella
    Options
    Yes, I signed up for the warrior dash in Houston in March. I am only concerned about the wall.. I don't want splinters.
  • jillyo89
    Options
    @ timmymon Do you have a team of people with you? I'm afraid to do it alone but some of my friends backed out as soon as they saw the fire. lol
  • SWFrick
    SWFrick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did (3) in 2011 (one 2 weeks ago) and plan to do another in January 2012. They are a blast! Like they say Mud, Sweat & Beer.......