P.I.N.K. Method & 17 Day Diet

Options
Anyone heard of/about/tried the P.I.N.K Method? Or the 17 Day Diet? Thoughts??????

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Fad diets don't work. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    They're just new fads.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    There's no need to pay money for a fad diet when MFP is free. You have all the tools here to achieve your goals.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I doubt any diet lasting only 17 days would be effective in long-term weight loss. The P.I.N.K. method might work for you if you need some sort of structured guidelines, but you could really save yourself a lot of money and just do it yourself! If you follow the MFP guidelines you will succeed. Slow and steady is the way to go!

:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i looked up the pink diet.. it's basically a scam. it just gives you healthy recipes and work out DVD's. better off saving your money and going to the gym or buying a jillian michaels work out DVD. they are like $10 at walmart or target!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dr Phil was heavily promoting the 17 Day Diet for a while. Now you don't hear anything about it. Just a few days ago he had a show promoting the P.I.N.K. Method. I wonder how long this one will last? I am more a fan of portion control, healthy eating and exercise. In the long run that'll work every time.
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree it's all a FAD they make money! Just like Weight Watchers. MFP is sooo much better free and easy!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are temporary solutions that do nothing for you in the long run. Making a decision for a permanent and sustainable lifestyle change will get your the long term results you want without compromising your health and sanity. When you've tried everything else and failed, the old fashioned way will be here waiting for you.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Fad diets are temporary solutions that do nothing for you in the long run. Making a decision for a permanent and sustainable lifestyle change will get your the long term results you want without compromising your health and sanity. When you've tried everything else and failed, the old fashioned way will be here waiting for you.

^^^^
    THIS!!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just another way to take your money for telling you what you ALREADY KNOW...eat better (and less), drink water and exercise.

I just can't believe people fall for these over and over every time. And you've gotta love these "television doctors" like Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil who promote this nonsense!
  • RotundMG
    Options
    I think MFP is the way to go! FREE, FREE, FREE!!!!!!!!! Plus there's this excellent community here. Never had that with WW and I doubt Pink will provide it. Stay with us!!!!!!!!!!! We're here for you.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of/about/tried the P.I.N.K Method? Or the 17 Day Diet? Thoughts??????

I hope you are able to learn more about what you wanted even tho most of these posts didn't answer your question. I found that structure keeps me on track. I have not looked into the pink method except from the web site. Like another poster, I Like the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 vid and also her menu, too. She also has an active app if you like that sort of stuff. If you like structure and not free wheeling it on your own I'd recommend Jillian Michaels.
    Good luck
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I hope you are able to learn more about what you wanted even tho most of these posts didn't answer your question. I found that structure keeps me on track. I have not looked into the pink method except from the web site. Like another poster, I Like the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 vid and also her menu, too. She also has an active app if you like that sort of stuff. If you like structure and not free wheeling it on your own I'd recommend Jillian Michaels.
    Good luck

How did we not answer the question? The question was if we had heard of it and what were our thoughts. We have heard of it and provided our thoughts that it is unnecessary.

I understand the need for structure. For me, MFP provides adequate structure. I have goals to reach and a system to keep me on track.
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The 17 Day diet is an interesting book. It's made up of several 17 day phases, which you continue to cycle through until you reach your goal weight/maintenance stage. The first 17 days is very restrictive (lots of proteins, fresh veggies, no carbs), but each phase allows you to add back foods. You learn about portion control, and eating fresh food, etc. It won't work for everyone, but some people have had a lot of success.

I ultimately decided not to do it, because I hate cooking different meals for everyone in the house. lol. Now I just cook healthy meals for everyone, and it saves me time. There is no way my husband would go for 17 days of no bread, rice, potatoes, etc.

Never heard of the PINK diet though.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Good luck

How did we not answer the question? The question was if we had heard of it and what were our thoughts. We have heard of it and provided our thoughts that it is unnecessary.

I understand the need for structure. For me, MFP provides adequate structure. I have goals to reach and a system to keep me on track.
    I so agree with you, Jorra.
  • BealsEA
    BealsEA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought the P.I.N.K method diet, once reading through it tells you (based on height and weight) to start with a "Reset" 10-14 days depending on the height/weight scale. I was at the 14day "reset" and i decided that i didnt want to wait until after the reset to start the cd's. On Friday morning I weighed in at 167.6 and have been weighing myself daily as well as eating suggested meals for the reset... currently (as of Tuesday morning) I weigh 163.4. Mostly i assume because i cut out ALL soda (which is NOT easy for me) and havent had any Pasta (my weak link :( ) I'll see how it goes, the plan is 9 weeks, 3 weeks for each CD plus they have a bonus CD with it. Any other questions let me know! I didnt want to go into too much detail, but I sure hope this works for me, only have until Feb 7th to tone up for a trip to cancun!
  • skb135
    skb135 Posts: 11
    Options
    Dr Phil was heavily promoting the 17 Day Diet for a while. Now you don't hear anything about it. Just a few days ago he had a show promoting the P.I.N.K. Method. I wonder how long this one will last? I am more a fan of portion control, healthy eating and exercise. In the long run that'll work every time.

Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz are just advertising on their shows - I dont find either credible at all
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    The 17 Day Diet does work but like anything you get what you put in to it. It was way to hard for me. Never heard of the other diet. I say stick to the real facts. Eat less + exercise more = weight loss
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I sure hope this works for me, only have until Feb 7th to tone up for a trip to cancun!
    And then what happens after that?

Fad diets = yoyo dieting. Unless you plan on never having pasta and soda again, you're not really learning any long-term habits.
  • BealsEA
    BealsEA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can continue to do the work out CD's as well as following the meal plans, I dont plan on NEVER eating pasta or drinking soda for the rest of my life but this is the "rest" process of the P.I.N.K method which I said earlier is for 14 days, I dont know why everyone is being so negative, work out CD's are no different than going to a gym, its not a "fad" diet to work out daily to CD's and get advice from professionals on how to eat healthy. If this will get me motivated to begin my healthy lifestyle with then im all for it!