Scale not moving? Don't freak out - see photos

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love this thread! You look amazing.

And it's a great reminder that photos tell a much better story than the scale.

Everyone! Take photos! And don't delete them if you hate them! :smile:
  • MoNiCaMaRieV
    MoNiCaMaRieV Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    wow so helpful! thanks for posting this you look amazing btw
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I need to show this to my mom! She freaked out because I had a 2 lb gain one week. I told her after strength training for a while I'm bound to gain a little muscle weight before I start losing again. You look great, and I am posting that list on my fridge, next to my vision board. Thanks for this post!

You'll also weigh more the day after a workout due to water weight. You create micro tears in your muscles when you workout; this is how you get stronger. Your body will retain water to repair these tears. For consistency purposes I only weigh in on days that follow a rest day :)

Even a straight aerobic day? I try not to do strength the day before weigh-in. I have to call my mom after every weigh-in to tell her my weight because she's paying for the program I'm doing (you'd think I was 16, not 45!), and last week I had lost the 2 plus another 1, and she said she didn't want to hear about any more gains. Oy! :huh:

Hmmm - I've never done aerobic days - maybe someone else can chime in! I know on my long run days for marathon training my weight would still be up just like a crossfit day is now. Maybe you should make a new agreement to also measure inches?
  • SLPag
    SLPag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! The scale hasn't moved for me in about 6 weeks & I'm starting to get really frustrated! I have a lot of weight to lose so I thought I would be dropping pretty easily at least in the beginning. However, after dropping the first 9 lbs I have stopped YET I went down two sizes in tops and one size in pants. THE TAPE MEASURE IS MY BFF. ;)
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that, is just what i needed, the scales been bit slow for me. due to do measurements again so will and in the will start taking some photos too, as haven't. I would love those results and so wouldn't care if my wieght never changed more about how i look to what the scale says. feel so much more motivated now.
  • DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome. Strong work!
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    Great Post. You made my day.
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    Sure is nice to read that...the scale hasn't moved since August for me..BUT..I had measured myself and I am losing inches...In fact todays weigh in was a gain. I also go by how my clothes fit. ...Thanks for hope..Good job!!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Congrats,

There are lots of ways to measure success. Even if the scale hasn't moved you can see clothes fitting better, if your weight lifting you will be lifting more, I've noticed my walk to the train (just over a mile) is not only easier but now it's getting faster. The scale will follow but your body needs to adjust first. I have found the body is a horrible multi tasker and therefore if it's building muscle, shedding inches the weight seems to stay put, when those things slow or stop, then the scale follows.
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    awesome work! Same here, my scale wasn't moving so I was glad I have been takign progress pictures to see my body change
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just what I needed. I just started a new lifting program and the scale went up a bit, not going to quit lifting though!
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    LoveMyArmyMedic Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! My scale has barely moved in 3 months and I was ready to give up. Thankfully, I started taking pictures & measurements a month ago and have seen progress. You are an inspiration and look amazing!!! Congrats! Just what I needed tonight! :)
  • amiller7x7
    amiller7x7 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great post and message! Again inspirational!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look awesome way to go! I struggle a lot when the scale doesn't move but I just need to take more pictures and measurements. Thanks for posting :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It is so hard to escape the mindset that not seeing losses or seeing gains on the scale means you are not "succeeding" - there is so much more to it if you are doing resistance especially. I have seen my weight fluctuate on the scales 2lbs/1kg or more day to day so I know the numbers are meaningless.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I am only 5'6'' and 150 is about my ultimate goal (weight a few years ago as a senior in high school). I am super happy to have gotten your post!

Thanks love ;D
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    SO happy to see this. Thank you!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I NEEDED TO READ THIS!!! I have been feeling quite discouraged and impatient since the scale has not really moved in the past 5 months for me. Thank you for sharing and pictures and measurements are a great way to track your progress. Congrats on your solid work and sticking to it!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Your before picture reminds me of my body type, and your after is what I'm working towards! Cheers! :)
  • JulieSchreier
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting!!! Just what I needed to read right now.