Party Food You Love(d) To Eat...?

Options
A hot dip called "Cocaine Dip" (called that b/c you can't stop eating it).

Cream cheese + hot sausage crumbles + Ro-Tel Tomoatoes (diced tomatoes w/hot chilis).
Scoop it up with some tortilla chips, and MUNCH. Mmmmmmmmm.

I'm making this for our holiday party at work, but haven't had it since last Christmas...I figure once a year won't kill me. But I have to wonder....will it taste as good this year as it did last year...?

What party food do you love to eat? Or is there one you used to love, but can't stand now that you're eating better?

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    MMMM, love that dip you mentioned........
    also the artichoke/garlic/cheesey dip that you spread on toasted baguette slices...........I know you can make a low-cal version of this, but the real thing is SOOOO good!
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A hot dip called "Cocaine Dip" (called that b/c you can't stop eating it).

Cream cheese + hot sausage crumbles + Ro-Tel Tomoatoes (diced tomatoes w/hot chilis).
    Scoop it up with some tortilla chips, and MUNCH. Mmmmmmmmm.

I'm making this for our holiday party at work, but haven't had it since last Christmas...I figure once a year won't kill me. But I have to wonder....will it taste as good this year as it did last year...?

What party food do you love to eat? Or is there one you used to love, but can't stand now that you're eating better?

This is my favorite thing IN LIFE I think!! Sooooo good with the Fritos Scoops!
    -Andi
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I also make these Thai Peanut Turkey Meatballs that are SLAMMIN'! and really not too terribly bad for you. So easy, Trader Joes Turkey Meatballs, Light coconut milk, sriracha, fish sauce, and peanut butter. Crock Pot on high or low for a few hours and DONE! So GOOD!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I also make these Thai Peanut Turkey Meatballs that are SLAMMIN'! and really not too terribly bad for you. So easy, Trader Joes Turkey Meatballs, Light coconut milk, sriracha, fish sauce, and peanut butter. Crock Pot on high or low for a few hours and DONE! So GOOD!!

Oooooooooh, these sound GOOD. I'm gonna have to try these. Dumb question -- what's "sriracha"? A spice?
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Oooooooooh, these sound GOOD. I'm gonna have to try these. Dumb question -- what's "sriracha"? A spice?

Those sound amazing! Could you please share the recipe? I LOVE thai food but have been avoiding it because I have no self control and would eat 2,000 calories in pad thai and peanut sauce. Your meatballs could be a good, healthy alternative!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm a sucker for the veggie tray but i love the ranch dip more than the veggies!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    BBQ Cocktail Weenies
    Proscuitto & Roasted Red Peppers
    Shrimp Cocktail
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Love that bean dip... oh my goodness I could eat it all with a spoon! I mean, I HAVE eaten it all with a spoon...
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My Grandma's Ripple Chips with dip, basically:

Old Dutch Ripple Chips (has to be in the box of 2, not bag for whatever reason I was told, LOL)

Cream Cheese, 2 packets, light or regular
    Small Onion, minced FINELY
    Mayonaise... Forget how much..

and whipped together, then refrigerated for AT LEAST day

then sprinkled with paprika ontop Mmmm
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

sriracha1.jpg
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Dates stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in proscuitto and baked so YUMMY!!!!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs and chips and dip....chips and dip especially are my kryptonite.
  • constantstar
    constantstar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oreo balls - yum! oreos crunched all up then in the processor with cream cheese and made in to balls. coat the balls in melted chocolate and let cool. omg i would eat sooo many. lol