Need support and tips!!!!

Options
Hey y'all!

So, I'm relatively new to MFP and while I know weight doesn't come off in a snap, it doesn't seem right that after 11 days of dieting and working out I've GAINED 3 pounds. Coming in, I don't have much confidence in myself as far as losing weight goes because I can never lose as much as I want and I can never keep it off. At this point, with this horrible of a start, I'm ready to throw in the towel.....

Help me. I don't want to keep quitting on my life but I CANNOT face the people I love telling them that despite all my efforts, I'm gaining weight.

Replies

• Ichbinceiling
    Options
    How are your diet and exercise going?

Maybe you could open your diary for some insight?
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I had a friend of mine calm me down and make me get on the scale the next morning. After 11 days, I'm still at starting weight.

Like everyone, my diet has its days where I go over. However, I'm swimming laps a lot for about an hour a day.... which helps. I'm just frustrated because I thought for once this was going to work.... while everything else I have tried hasn't. Just gonna keep chugging a long.
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, I had the same thing happen a few months ago, I was killin it in the gym and with food and the scale wasn't budging but then I lost 4lbs in a week, your body has to adjust to the change then it will take off! Have you done measurements? My training uses my measurements as motivation when the scale doesn't move its a great way to track NSV's
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I go back home, I'm getting a tape measure so I can keep track of that.... but I'm just waiting for things to take off. Hopefully I don't slack over my Christmas break because that'll kill me. I'm just afraid if I lose track over break, then I'm done.
  • hunnielurve
    Options
    good luck! hang in there.. just keep on doing the good things for your body.. the results will show sooner or later =)