OVER 200 CLUB WEEK 7 (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi 200+'s-

I just started using the site after Easter and have been posting regularly on another thread,but found this one, and it appears we are all in the same boat, so to speak.

My starting wt was 245 on April 13th--the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I just had a birthday and decided that NEXT year, I would like to give myself the gift of the loss of 100 lbs. Ultimately, I would like to be 125, but I don't think it is realistic to count on that much lost in a year.

Since this is cardio challenge week, from what I have gathered from reading, I will mention that I went out today and did a 4 mi walk on a trail near my home. The community I live in has several paved walking trails in close proximity to populated areas. They are a great alternative to walking next to a street, and much easier to access than driving a distance to hike in the woods--something that I am not enthusiastic about doing alone, as a 50+ woman.

As of a week ago, I was down 4 lbs. My weigh in is Sat or Sun. I am thinking about making it every other week, but for right now, I think having it weekly is a motivational tool that works for me.

I try to walk about 2-3 miles per day on the days I have to work, and at least 4 miles on the days I don't.

Today I was VERY fortunate to finish my walk when I did. We had some showers today, and I did manage to get wet, but that was NOTHING, compared to the cell of thunderstorms that came through here about an hour ago.

I was waiting for the baseball game to be finshed on FOX so that they would start showing the NASCAR race, and there was an emergency alert from the Nat'l Weather Service covering a multi-county area of Oregon and a couple in SW Washington, where I am. No sooner did it finsh and I could hear the thunder. The warning included the potential for 60 mile per hour winds.

At the time, I couldn't imagine how that could be, since there was not a breath of wind to be had around here, but about 5 minutes later, I heard this noise and within about 30 seconds, the flap on my doggie door blew open and the rain was coming down sideways, straight into my living room!! I got up and shut the dog door, and my two dogs were very unsettled. In about 3 minutes, the wind stopped, and in another 5 tminutes he rain was over as well. The sun almost came out soon after.

I have never lived in the part of the country prone to tornados, but I know that area can get intense thunderstorms. I have never seen one like this in the Pacific NW., but I imagine it might have made someone from "Tornado Alley" feel right at home.

I really like this site and there are some nice people on it as well. There was a post going on about Swine flu in the last few days that kinda got "out there" but I feel this is a pretty positve place to be and I wish everyone success in their efforts to live healthy and lose weight.

Barb
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hi 200+'s-

I just started using the site after Easter and have been posting regularly on another thread,but found this one, and it appears we are all in the same boat, so to speak.

My starting wt was 245 on April 13th--the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I just had a birthday and decided that NEXT year, I would like to give myself the gift of the loss of 100 lbs. Ultimately, I would like to be 125, but I don't think it is realistic to count on that much lost in a year.

Since this is cardio challenge week, from what I have gathered from reading, I will mention that I went out today and did a 4 mi walk on a trail near my home. The community I live in has several paved walking trails in close proximity to populated areas. They are a great alternative to walking next to a street, and much easier to access than driving a distance to hike in the woods--something that I am not enthusiastic about doing alone, as a 50+ woman.

As of a week ago, I was down 4 lbs. My weigh in is Sat or Sun. I am thinking about making it every other week, but for right now, I think having it weekly is a motivational tool that works for me.

I try to walk about 2-3 miles per day on the days I have to work, and at least 4 miles on the days I don't.

Today I was VERY fortunate to finish my walk when I did. We had some showers today, and I did manage to get wet, but that was NOTHING, compared to the cell of thunderstorms that came through here about an hour ago.

I was waiting for the baseball game to be finshed on FOX so that they would start showing the NASCAR race, and there was an emergency alert from the Nat'l Weather Service covering a multi-county area of Oregon and a couple in SW Washington, where I am. No sooner did it finsh and I could hear the thunder. The warning included the potential for 60 mile per hour winds.

At the time, I couldn't imagine how that could be, since there was not a breath of wind to be had around here, but about 5 minutes later, I heard this noise and within about 30 seconds, the flap on my doggie door blew open and the rain was coming down sideways, straight into my living room!! I got up and shut the dog door, and my two dogs were very unsettled. In about 3 minutes, the wind stopped, and in another 5 tminutes he rain was over as well. The sun almost came out soon after.

I have never lived in the part of the country prone to tornados, but I know that area can get intense thunderstorms. I have never seen one like this in the Pacific NW., but I imagine it might have made someone from "Tornado Alley" feel right at home.

I really like this site and there are some nice people on it as well. There was a post going on about Swine flu in the last few days that kinda got "out there" but I feel this is a pretty positve place to be and I wish everyone success in their efforts to live healthy and lose weight.

Barb
    Girl you can lose as much weight as you put your mind to losing in a year.Just push yourself to do it and welcome to our crazy little group.Everyone here is friendly and we all support on another .This weeks challenge is the walk challenge and weigh ins are Friday GOOD LUCK and reach for your goals girl they are in your reach.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement AWESTFALL :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Happy Sunday to All 200+er's!!:happy: :happy:

I am pleased to report that as of weigh-in this morning, I am down 2 lbs. from last week!! Apparently that 4 miles of walking from yesterday, done partly in the rain, paid off. ( Maybe I am part cotton and I shrunk???:laugh: :laugh: ) I don't care whatever the reason, I'll TAKE it!!

This takes me out of the 40's and into the 30's, and I just might make that 15 down by Memorial Day.

I am so inspired that since the weather has straightened out... if my best friend "I.B. Profen" :laugh: :laugh: will kick in, and make me forget the ache in my hip from my 4 miles yesterday, I plan to do the same today.

Think positive everyone, and someday we will all enter the Happy 100's, :drinker: :drinker: if that is where we are moving toward. Not everyone here may have that goal. Whatever yours is, I wish you every success.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I did real bad today. :mad: No exercise and I over ate:grumble: I do not know what I was thinking. But no exuses, I made the choice and I am just going to have to work that much harder this week.. I hope I lose weight this week.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I did SIX MILES today on another walking trail near my home. :noway: That is 10 miles for the weekend. I hope it pays dividends on my next way in.

Have a good week, all!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    okay I am going to start drinking more water... I can defiantely tell when sodium takes over my body... I feel "plump"... anywho, I am off for the night! Keep up the good work ya'll!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    hey all im here!!....weighed in at 201 this morning woot woot 190's here i come!!..im on vacation so im going back to sleep for a bit but i plan to hit the complex gym today.......good luck to everyone this week....stick to your goals!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    5 miles of walking in for me this morning in the rain but its ok cause I know it will pay off in the long run.Good Job everyone on the walking challenge.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hey where are all my favorite walkers this week?It seems like there isn't as many post this week.Where are you guys and gals?Have a good day!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Way to go Mya Papaya I am so proud of you and your almost 190's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait til I am in the 190's..............I am int he 220's now!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally. Just 20 more pounds is all I am asking for in the next 2 months 15 days.......I want to be in the 199's for my wedding....I am prayin'.

Great Job!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm here... 60 for me today.... lawnmowing with a push mower!
    Sassie, I know you will get there!! Keep up that positive attitude!
  • awestfall
    Options
    WTG girls!! 6 miles for me this morning .
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all...are we doing a walking challenge? this will work great because I need to get out and walk the complex today...I hit my 1/2 way mark for weight loss wewt!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all...are we doing a walking challenge? this will work great because I need to get out and walk the complex today...I hit my 1/2 way mark for weight loss wewt!

:bigsmile: WTG!!! What a great accomplishment and an inspiration to all of us!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    21 pounds until my halfway mark!! Way to go Mya you are a ROCKSTAR!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi all had a busy week. I have had trouble getting my exercise in. I am exercising but not as much as I need. I am having a rough week.:grumble: Thought I would check in and hold myself accountable before I start sliding in the wrong direction. try to get refocused and keep this thing going. This is the longest I have ever tried to lose weight. I usually last only a month. I have been at this for just over 2. I actually lost 29 pounds in that 1 month. I am doing it slower this time but I am doing it healthier as well. I do not feel as if I am dieting which is why I quit the first time. Everyone is doing great, it is such an inspiration to see you all doing so well. Thanks:flowerforyou: In case I don't talk to you before sunday. :heart: hAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks Momma !! And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you as well and all the other Mommas on here.Be thinking of a new challenge you guys would like to do this coming week.I am open for suggestions .Tomorrow is weigh in so good luck to all of you.:heart::flowerforyou:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    good eveing to all.. will i have had many slip ups this week but today i came back on track.. i am heading out to the childrens concert i am parking at the back of the parking that will be a least a six minute walk to the school tha t will be a few steps
  • Momma2four
    Options
    good eveing to all.. will i have had many slip ups this week but today i came back on track.. i am heading out to the childrens concert i am parking at the back of the parking that will be a least a six minute walk to the school tha t will be a few steps

I hear ya!! I have been going through the same thing this week. Great Idea parking out a ways. I have a concert tonight also I might just do the same. Good luck this week.
  • awestfall
    Options
    213 this morning for me and I think thats a loss from last week but I am not sure oh well.TOM was for me this past weekend so even if it was 2 or 3 pounds lost I am happy.6 miles of walking this morning for me.Any suggestions for a new challenge guys and gals?:flowerforyou: