Hangover breakfast!

Options
Rosbrook1985
Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
Feel free to move if i'm in the worng place. And thank you in advance but i'm not looking for ways to restrict my drinking etc.

So this coming weekend is going to be my first night drinking since i started. And when I say drinking, there will be a lot involved. Usually, the morning after i'd reach for the pizza menu but alas, i can not. What im looking for is a stodgy, yummy brekkie thats gonna take minimal cooking and not ruin the stats for the day! I can do a 'fry up' (cooked on the grill, poached eggs etc) but im just wondering if anyone else has any bright ideas?

p.s. my hangover does not like fruit, veg or anything creamy :)

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Fats usually do the trick for me so eggs would definitely be on the menu. With some cheese maybe! Or PB/Jam sandwiches?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'd go for scrambled eggs on toast and a massive cup of tea.
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For something greasy along with something to hydrate. My go-to is usually fried eggs with a little cheese and some bacon. I drink orange gatorade with it so I can somehow trick my mind to think its a healthier orange juice or something lol.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i love that you're already planning on being hungover!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Wow, these posts never cease to amaze me.

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

It disgusts me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'd just like to say that we all need days off to do what we want and indulge. Your indulgences may not be his indulgences. He even said he normally eats out the morning after, but would like to change that to accommodate his new goals.
    He even said that he normally eats out after and that is what he is trying to avoid. he wants a good breakfast that won't break his calories. Surely some eggs and bacon made at home are better than a pizza.

My suggestion: fried eggs on peanut butter toast!!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options

It disgusts me.

You know what disgusts me? You elitest attitude. So I think we are about evens on disgust there.

I'm not going to go into the difference in my booze intake between now and 6 months ago because I have no need to justify my actions to you, or anyone else. Sometimes my emotional health needs a good night out with firends and beer.

If you're disgusted by the thought of a night drinking then I better not tell you about my 30 a day habit or my crack addiction.

Thanks for the actual suggestions people :D Eggs is good.

p.s. i'm female lol x
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Good Luck.

And some people want to live thier life and enjoy life, still do the things they used to do but in moderation, or in some cases not in moderation at all!
    She has indicated that she is making the choice to have a few (or many!!!) drinks and she is actively looking for ways to reduce the further issue of hangover food.

Good on her for planning ahead and knowing what she will want to do but deciding to make it better!

And of course Grokette your profile is private so we can not take inspiration from the awesome menu you achieve everyday and the fact that you never slip up at all....
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I plan to be hungover on Friday morning (work xmas party thursday night). How about a wholewheat muffin with scrambled eggs and bacon. Yummmmmm, I'm salivating.
  • chloizzle
    Options

Good Luck.

Don't hurt yourself when you get off your high horse now, okay?

To OP - I'd probably go for a fry up type deal but a little healthier - poached eggs, wholewheat toast, baked beans etc. No buttery mushrooms or really fatty bacon or anything! Or maybe pancakes? Mmm pancakes.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    something fried.....eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread. yes i love a good ole english fry up
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options

Good Luck.

Oh BORE OFF and live a little
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options

Good Luck.

How about an AA meeting or Pentecostal healing revival...lol

Seriously, I incorporate a "free day" where anything goes, including food intake to battle a hangover.

The above post is right about one thing - really!
    "You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony."

Actually, that's true! A good solid, traditional American breakfast will do it, and I might add this.
    Take a hit - one shot - of the hair of the dog that bit you.

Have fun!
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    Hangover - Being a Scot, usually if I'm feeling rough as guts (pretty much everytime I drink :P) something protein-esque and salty is where I reach. In the olden days - a fry up. However! If your hangover calls for stodge - oatmeal? If it requires more oomph - then grill the fry up, poach some eggs.
    If you're anything like me and get the heaves the morning after - salty crackers usually help settle my tummy.

Oh, and Mr Bah-Humbug - dry yer eyes pal. :)
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    Im going to sound a right posho BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict

Oily fish on a toasted wholewheat Muffin with a poached egg and some hollandaise sauce (you can skip the sauce as you mention you dont like creamy)

I also swear by the new 'lite' Lucozade Sport to rehydrate.

Have fun partying!!! xxx
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options
    HA!

When I logged in this morning and saw that reply i got wound up. Now i've seen the counter replies i'm a happy bunny :D

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and great suggestions.

p.s. I don't have a crack addiction really. xx
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

p.s. i'm female lol x

hahaha
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

Good Luck.

One day of drinking isn't going to destroy a month of good eating. Even I drink a few times a year, and I'm pretty damn uptight about my own eating, these days (notice I wrote MY OWN eating, as I could give a crap what anyone else is eating). If it bothers you THAT MUCH, then surround yourself with friends who are looking to get healthy, join a few groups that encourage healthy eating, and let people in the forums live in peace.

[ETA]

And now I feel like a jerk because I didn't respond to the OP. Like everyone else said, greasy food and protein. I mean, you could even still go for pizza, if you really want, and just eat less of it. As I no longer eat meat, cheese really helps me. Toast with butter and some eggs is good, too. That's always what my aunt serves when I spend the night at her house (which usually involves a lot of whisky).
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'd personally go for a nice bacon sandwich with white bread and tomato ketchup (has to be heinz tho) and a strong cup of tea. If you want to keep your cals to a minimum, use weight watchers bread.

Just a point to note....We get one life, you have to live it while you can and ENJOY it because we don't know when it will end. That means yes, we should eat healthily and exercise regular, but we should also go out and have a bloody good time now and again, and that means getting bladdered and dancing on tables.

Yes we all join this site to lose a bit of weight but life shouldn't be taken too seriously..and I agree, people who preach should maybe let us lesser mortals view their diary to see how 'perfection' should look.

Hope you have a fab night out hunni :drinker: xx