No weight loss, should I borrow P90X?

Options
I fear going back to class next semester not having lost any weight. i literally think I could workout on my own for 6 weeks and maybe only lose 2 pounds. In the summer I worked out pretty good for 6 weeks and only lost a couple of pounds. So........I'm VERY tempted to borrow my nephews P90X. Any of you all have anything good to say about it?

Replies

• Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Dan, just log your food. =)
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    That too! :)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm doing Power 90 which is less intense than P90X and definitely feel the results.
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    go for it and lower your calorie intake by 100 or so. that should get it moving.
  • eatlift
    Options
    Thanks.
  • eatlift
    Options
    ANYONE ELSE?
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    JUST DO IT! :-) what do you got to lose? just fat ;-)
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello all , I am relatively new to this can you please explain what is P90X and also BUMP??
  • mitch3333
    Options
    I had great results with p90x. The difficulty was seeing the actual pounds lost. I didn't see a great lose of weight, maybe 10-15 lbs, but my body really changed. I was much stronger and could see my body becoming more defined. My advice, if you do it, don't be discouraged if your pounds don't drop. Make sure to track your progress based on strength and how you look. If have access to see find out your body fat % before you start, I would recommend that. Again, great results, but not a significant amount of lbs lost. There is another program called Insanity. It is by Beachbody as well. It is 60 days of insane cardio. If you are looking for weight loss and can do high impact cardio that is the best one. I lost almost 20 lbs in 60 days doing that.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love P90X!

I was already pretty close to my goal weight by then - so only lost 2.5kg doing it - but the extra muscle tone was amazing...the first time in my whole life I dared to wear a bikini on holiday!! My other half did P90X with me too and got amazingly ripped from it, but not in too "bulky" a way, as it's pretty intense rather than just lift the heaviest thing you possibly can...

I am going to do another round of P90X as soon as I can committ the time to it...as I have to say - that is the only downside... you need a LOT of workout time. My job is really hectic in the winter and slightly less so in the summer - so doing P90X in Spring/Summer was fine for me - but I couldn't fit in a proper regime now... I still use the workouts every now and then when I want a good blast though!

I say give it a go!!
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    P90X is INTENSE!!! Try it out and work yourself into it....don't get discouraged if you stop the DVD before it is over.....it changes things up and you certainly get a great WO!!! Best of luck!!
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello all , I am relatively new to this can you please explain what is P90X and also BUMP??

P90X is a popular workout program produced by beachbody.

Bump is used to get more attention to a post. When you reply to a post, it shows up on the message boards. Technically writing anything will "bump" the post to the message boards, but bump is common if you would like to reopen an old conversation or get more people involved.
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options

P90X is a popular workout program produced by beachbody.

Bump is used to get more attention to a post. When you reply to a post, it shows up on the message boards. Technically writing anything will "bump" the post to the message boards, but bump is common if you would like to reopen an old conversation or get more people involved.

**** Sorry for the double post, I'm having connectivity issues :embarassed:
  • Bal4Life
    Options
    No doubt DO IT!!! It will change your body and your life. You will become both physically and mentally stronger. If you have it within reach why not????? Watch your food intake too, you have to eat the right things, but make sure you are getting enough calories as well!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I personally love P90X. The first time that I did it, I didn't see much "weight" loss, but my inches went down and therefore lost a lot of body fat. The second time around I lost inches AND pounds. I think it's important to measure things like inches while doing P90X for that reason, especially in the beginning when your body will hold more water due to the intense exercise.

I am concidering taking my workout sheets from P90X to the gym next year after I am able to do unassisted pull-ups. Right now, I can only do 1 unassisted...which is better than I could say a month ago...but I've always had great results from the program.
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I personally have not done p90x, but friends of mine have and let me tell you, I could really see a difference in them! They did say that they started hating the trainer a few days into the program... haha!

I'd recommend that you not let the scale dictate the terms of your success. If you gain weight, but all of that weight is muscle, you're better off even though the scale moved in the opposite direction. Take measurements and pictures of your body regularly- once a week or once a month- and use that as your progress gauge.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started my 3rd round of p90x, and am getting p90x2 for christmas! It is an amazing program if you commit yourself to it everyday. I didnt see drastic results until about 5weeks into it. I love it though, definitely works
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'd say do it if you want.. you don't have anything to lose.

Remember tho that you can't out exercise a bad diet.. so you can do all the p90X you want, but if the diet isn't there, then it really won't do much.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Any work out program you do will help you to lose weight, if you have this one at your disposal for free.......GO FOR IT!!

Don't be worried, do what you can. I have never done this one, but did do the orig one as well as a few others. There was a time I moved my feet back and forth on the floor, or did knee ups, just to keep moving through the entire time.

Amazingly when I didn't give up, I was eventually able to complete the videos.

Good luck, you CAN do this!:flowerforyou: