Hangover breakfast!

Options

Replies

• cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a huge coffee drinker but I found 1 diet pepsi fixes me right up!!
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast, then sliced extra sharp cheese melted on top! MMMM!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If it's the morning after I like to keep it simple - a clear soup, some dry bread and lots of fluids.

If it's still the night before - Red Dwarf Banjos to give your digestive system plenty to worry about, (Fried egg sandwiches with chilli sauce)

And Grokette - go and be offended somewhere else luv
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    My hubby makes potatoes just fried in the pan with olive oil and eggs w/cheese and a peice of whole wheat toast to soak up the alchohol. It's pretty healthy and great hang over food! I like the suggestion of sleeping all afternoon and eating 3 meals worth of calories into one! Great idea! :drinker:

ps- I'm pregnant and can't drink so I'm living vicaroiusly here!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    Wow, these posts never cease to amaze me.

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'd just like to say that we all need days off to do what we want and indulge. Your indulgences may not be his indulgences.

Agreed :)
    There's enough frustration with the daily calorie restrictions so why not endulge once in a while! :bigsmile: (drinking a lot is certainly not my favorite indulgence, though :blushing: )

Besides, this post is interesting for everyone who may get hungover after New Year's Eve :laugh:
  • Mistya81
    Mistya81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed that the hangover is worse with exercise?

I went to a kickboxing class last Friday and then over to a friend's house for some red wine. I felt like I barely drank anything and was already passing out and ready for bed. The next morning was one of the worst hangovers ever and my day was completely shot.. McDonalds, etc. I'd been eating healthy for the past few weeks and have barely touched alcohol with the exception of Friday night.

It wasn't fun and almost enough to make me want to quit drinking completely... Maybe a drink right after class is a bad thing.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Sleep til the afternoon then roll 3 meals into 1 :P

My normal method. If I'm feeling brave, I may go for just the 2 into 1, but it normally ends in failure :happy:
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sleep til the afternoon then roll 3 meals into 1 :P

Love love love your style! x
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options
    Before you go out drinking you should eat a combination of simple and complex carbs. This will spike your insulin a bit but then regulate. For every drink you have you should drink 1 glass water to help flush the system. This is how I stopped having hangovers.
    So...banana and granola? Appx 300-400 calories. For even more help make it a cliff Builders Bar but be careful with soy protein because your *kitten* will hate you for it!

My *kitten* always hates me the morning after i drink booze anyways lol
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options

If it's still the night before - Red Dwarf Banjos to give your digestive system plenty to worry about, (Fried egg sandwiches with chilli sauce)

I thought I was the only person in the world to call fried egg sandwiches banjos. You are farking amazing :D x
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Greasy Food
    Orange Juice
    Tylenol
    Gatorade - Drink alot of it before you go to bed!
    SLEEP!!! This seems to be the most affecting factor for me.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

maybe you should realize that this is not a DIET but a LIFESTYLE change and MY lifestyle includes drinking. while YOURS may not, keep your nose out of MY life...and the OPs life and anyone else whose life doesnt fit YOUR world...i dont live in yorus, stay the *kitten* out of mine .
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Menudo
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One thing I know for sure, DO NOT DRINK ORANGE JUICE FOR A HANGOVER. Believe me the acid reaction in the stomach is borderline attempted manslaughter.

Source: experience
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Good Luck.

Wow...People can do what they want. How about you worry about yourself & let this person do as they please?

Btw, eggs all the way. My post drinking day always involves scrambled eggs, broccoli & a little bit of cheese in a tortilla.
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Chila quiles! Super simple and there's a chemical reaction that mexican food causes that assists in the recovery! It's what I make every morning after a great night of tasty beverages!

*corn tortillas
    *eggs (beaten)
    *salsa verde
    *ranchero cheese

DONE! :drinker:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    try eating and drinking a large glass or two of water before you go go to bed.. that always helps me and it doesnt count on sunday's menu :)

when that doesnt do the trick then i find that spaghetti with red sauce and veggies mixed in does the trick.. maybe parm cheese too...

have a blast at your party!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    What will you be consuming? If just beer, alternate each 12oz with 4oz of water inbetween and no hangover. Also take 1 B6 and 1 B12 an hour before drinking.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've only actually had a hangover once.. I either don't drink much because of my diet or keep it down well.

Anyways, the time I did the ONLY thing I could eat was Applebee's Fries. I tried soup, crackers, lots of stuff and it wouldn't stay down.. then I remembered when I was sick with a cold and we were at going to Applebees and I refused to let my cold get me down, the fries were the thing that stayed down.

So I tried them again years later and alas after eating them I stopped getting sick... may be in my mind or something, but *shrugs* works for me... kinda fattening I know... but thought I'd throw it out there.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You know what disgusts me? Planning on getting slaughtered and NOT planning your life-saving breakfast the morning after. I commend you, OP, for showing us the correct way.

My advice for an unfortunate morning after would be 2 poached eggs (140 cal), on two slices of toast (~140-180 cals) and two slices of thick bacon (~70 calories), plus coffee and water. Then return to bed for a few hours. You'll get plenty of protein, fat and salt for <400 calories. Make sure you drink some water. through the day, but go slowly if you're feeling very seedy.

And I agree with the poster up above who mentioned that your tolerance will probably be lower if you've refrained for a while, and/or lost weight. Good advice.