What unhealthy foods can't you resist on Christmas day?

Options
Naomi_84
Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
Baileys and chunks of cheese on crackers!

Replies

• DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Chocolate (in any shape or form!) , cakes and desserts, alcohol (any shape or form!), cheeses...i'm sure there is more!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Cookies. Homemade cookies. They are so good!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Prime rib and mashed potatoes
    moms macaroons
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eggnog, christmas candy & cookies
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bread sauce
    desserts
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Mmmmmm..... Mashed potato :) lots of it. lol
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'll be making chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies... was going to try to healthy up the recipe but my husband was like jeesh - it's cookies! sooooooo full fat butter it is! I'll be eating a few of those and of course chips n dip. Can't resist the dip @ Christmas. And booze..... bad bad booze.... already stocked up on cosmo & martini ingredients.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    PAVLOVA and truffle with cream! GRRRH
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    FUNERAL POTATOES!!!!!

Basically it's shredded potatoes mixed with cheddar cheese, sour cream green onions and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup... topped with corn flakes that have been tossed in butter. and then you bake it in the oven.

Picked up this recipe in Utah.. Mormons may abstain from coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, tank tops and premarital sex but honestly funeral potatoes are more sinful than any of those things.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Ham
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Wine wine wine.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    On Christmas Day and Boxing Day I simply surrender

clowns-clowns-resistance-futile-demotivational-poster-1205486075.jpg
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Dumplings. That is our annual Christmas feast. Plus the desserts. Any of them.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    FUNERAL POTATOES!!!!!

Basically it's shredded potatoes mixed with cheddar cheese, sour cream green onions and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup... topped with corn flakes that have been tossed in butter. and then you bake it in the oven.

Picked up this recipe in Utah.. Mormons may abstain from coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, tank tops and premarital sex but honestly funeral potatoes are more sinful than any of those things.

Cute!
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    My sister's homemade plum brandy and a turtle (I have to have at least one)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sausage balls.. my mom makes them and they are awesome! Sausage mixed with cheese, bread crumbs and other spices and baked in the over. They are the best when they are still a little warm. :heart:
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's grandmother makes a helluva peanut butter fudge. Then my grandma on my dad's side makes legendary turkey dumplings. Then my mamaw (mom's side) makes...well...everything. Peanut butter cookies that have turned peanut butter cookie haters into lovers, a family handed down recipe of teacakes...ugh...I wish Christmas was here. Lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry about what you eat between Christmas and New Years, worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas."
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The cookies and all the various chocolate candy.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Every thing my Dad makes. We go over to his house Christmas day and he will be making Chicken parm, baked ham and some amazing frosted cookies, I'm going to try and load up on the salad and only have small pieces of ham and chicken. I want to indulge a little bit. Sundays are my usual cheat day but I still don't want to go over by a lot.