Eating when half asleep

Options
Last night, I dozed off for a few minutes but woke up to go wash my face, brush my teeth, etc... I also made my way into the kitchen where I ate a handful of tostitos and drank half of a can of coke. And then I went back to bed. I wouldn't classify it as sleep eating, since I can remember it. What is also odd about this is these aren't the snacks I would pick even if I were "cheating". I don't drink soda, nor do I crave it. I ended up not sleeping very well and eventually getting up early because of terrible gas pains (from the coke, I am guessing). I remember this happening every once in awhile the last time I was eating healthier and exercising. Any suggestions or experience with this? I feel like a maniac.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OMG I do this too! I'll fall asleep on the couch and when I wake up in a total daze I'll go into the kitchen and grab a handful of cereal. That's so funny. You are not alone! LOL!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    refrigerator-lock1.jpg

or set mouse traps around your bed.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's really bizzare... do you remember what was going through your mind as this happened? Would you have been able to talk yourself out of it?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I have the same problem. Except it's from 6:00am - 10:00pm.

Heehee just joking. But that is weird! ...And where can I get one of those fridge latches?
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Haha, I am so glad to know more people than I do this. I have definitely found myself gulping milk out of the jug in the middle of the night and head right back to bed as if it were the most normal thing in the world, then I wake up debating if it was a dream only to see a lot of the milk gone!
  • brenkruss
    brenkruss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my thought process, though I do remember asking my husband if he had an open 7 Up because I really wanted a drink. He didn't, so I went for a coke. I stopped drinking soda about ten years ago, except for an occasional sip. That is why i am weirded out. And, man, did my body have a bad reaction. Maybe I haven't been drinking enough water.
  • Dgaines54
    Options
    I'm guessing you were really, really hungry or thirsty.