What unhealthy foods can't you resist on Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sugar. Fat. Salt.

THIS!!!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My mom makes rising bread, I am a sucker for it :( I love my bread.

And Lemon Pie!

Everything else is semi healthy, turkey, ham, potatos, corn, green beans, carrots, ect.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    FUNERAL POTATOES!!!!!

Basically it's shredded potatoes mixed with cheddar cheese, sour cream green onions and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup... topped with corn flakes that have been tossed in butter. and then you bake it in the oven.

Picked up this recipe in Utah.. Mormons may abstain from coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, tank tops and premarital sex but honestly funeral potatoes are more sinful than any of those things.

Wow, these sound amazing if not heart attack inducing! :D
  • MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    my family has enchiladas on Christmas Eve!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Cookies. Homemade cookies. They are so good!

With the use of splenda, was able to make one of my favorite xmas cookies as low as <50 calories a piece :) Cinnamon twistie things, they're the one thing outside of my mom's no bake cookies & my step dad's fudge that I absolutely LOVE

Worse thing i can't resist is probably jellied cranberries :)
  • nmg8
    nmg8 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry about what you eat between Christmas and New Years, worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas."

^^ Love this!! ^^
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great............. I have never heard of this and now will have to try it. I will use some other cream soup since I don't eat meat. I am going to go put it in the recipe calculater right now, so I will know how many thousands of calories it will have.
  • tgrant766
    Options
    ANYTHING with sugar!!!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    cookies and cocktails
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry about what you eat between Christmas and New Years, worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas."

:heart:

I'm looking forward to all the desserts. Cookies, pies, nut rolls, cakes, brownies. I'm bouncing like a kid with a sugar rush just thinking about it!
  • december8teen
    Options
    Chocolates, desserts...oh desserts. Now I'm stressed. :laugh:
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    the damn broccoli and cheese casserole my MIL makes every single year - but since i am my own worst enemy when she said do you want me to NOT make it this year i said NO NO PLEASE DO...

*shoots self in foot*
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    Great............. I have never heard of this and now will have to try it. I will use some other cream soup since I don't eat meat. I am going to go put it in the recipe calculater right now, so I will know how many thousands of calories it will have.

LOL@ thousands!!
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    :heart: I'm looking forward to all the desserts. Cookies, pies, nut rolls, cakes, brownies. I'm bouncing like a kid with a sugar rush just thinking about it!
    I'm the same way. I LOVE DESSERT!
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and Eggnog.... OMG! Favorite...:blushing:
  • jacquelinegrc
    Options
    All the DESSERTS! pies, christmas cookies, cakes ^_^ all the different colors are so inviting ... oh and i could never resist chocolate candy :love:
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    COOKIIIIIIIIEEEEEEESSS!!!!! SO MANY YUMMY COOKIIIIIIEEEEEESSSS!!!!!! I LOVE them I WANT them and then I HATE them! LOL Yeah... I like cookies.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My sister in law in an amazing pastry chef, she makes the most unbelievable treats!! Who needs meat and veggies when there's cupcakes and candy! :)
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Most of this sounds good and it's making me hungry, ....but homemade cookies on Christmas day is my weakness! :)
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Egg nog and Plum pudding...and mashed potatoes and gravy...yum!