Help!! There's cookies in the lunch room!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• newlifestyle36
    Options
    this might help think about how many people toched them and what tey touched last think about the flu :happy: just made me not want them:tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Boy, I wish I read this thread before lunch! I caved, but only had one. :mad: I checked the calories before I ate it and worked it into may calorie intake for today. Then since it's nice out today, i am going to go for an extra run tonight! That will be easy for me since I LOVE being outside! It is still an accomplishment for me since I only had one and not all of them!! Thanks for the support!! I will be leaving the boards up all day from now on!!

Jen

If you had one,
    and you worked it into your daily calorie allowances,
    and you'll run tonight to burn it off,
    then I'd say you did GREAT!! :flowerforyou:
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    Boy, I wish I read this thread before lunch! I caved, but only had one. :mad: I checked the calories before I ate it and worked it into may calorie intake for today. Then since it's nice out today, i am going to go for an extra run tonight! That will be easy for me since I LOVE being outside! It is still an accomplishment for me since I only had one and not all of them!! Thanks for the support!! I will be leaving the boards up all day from now on!!

Jen

If you had one,
    and you worked it into your daily calorie allowances,
    and you'll run tonight to burn it off,
    then I'd say you did GREAT!! :flowerforyou:

I agree sounds like you thought it through at least and didn't just run blindly into the arms of sugary temptation!
    :heart:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My coworker and I decided to go for a walk, so i just burned off 254 calories and the cookie was 180!! Yay!! I feel a little better, but I am still gonna exercise after work and burn some more!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    We have had treats in the kitchen here this week. I looked at them and seriously thought about having one but I knew I would be mad at myself. I knew that they would not taste so good that I could handle getting ticked so I left them alone.
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    We have had treats in the kitchen here this week. I looked at them and seriously thought about having one but I knew I would be mad at myself. I knew that they would not taste so good that I could handle getting ticked so I left them alone.

That's great!! I still have trouble saying no totally, but I am getting better at just having a little. My next obstical is ice cream!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I just walked back to our kitchen here at work and the is a container of my FAVORITE cookies sitting on the table! :sad: It was all I could do to walk out without one! :noway: Now I'm sitting at my desk eating my light yoguart. I guess I'll count that as a win for me! But I REALLY want that cookie!

I know how you feel! For b-days in my office we always get an ice cream cake. BUT for my birthday, which is Friday, they buy me a nice fruit tray! :bigsmile: Isn't that nice?
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    I just walked back to our kitchen here at work and the is a container of my FAVORITE cookies sitting on the table! :sad: It was all I could do to walk out without one! :noway: Now I'm sitting at my desk eating my light yoguart. I guess I'll count that as a win for me! But I REALLY want that cookie!

I know how you feel! For b-days in my office we always get an ice cream cake. BUT for my birthday, which is Friday, they buy me a nice fruit tray! :bigsmile: Isn't that nice?

That is a great idea!!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Where I work, we sell books to teachers and librarians and today a teacher brought us a box of doughnuts to thank us for a donation we gave her :grumble: So I take back what I said yesterday about having a cookie and cutting back later or working out more....I don't want a doughnut because I'm not a hundred percent sure how many calories. It looks like the database says 300 calories but that seems low! I'm just chewing some gum instead.....
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    I HATE that when that happens!!!! UGH!!!

At the physical therapy clinic I work at patients bring in YUMMY DELISH things all the time and it's so frustrating!

Every now and then you'll get the patient that brings in the edible art fruit baskets and those are great.......but not often enough!!:explode: :angry: :grumble:

yeah, I work at a family practice and the cookies are from a drug rep!! Come on!! Hee hee!

Oh do I remember those days! That is part of how I gained all the weight I did. Every Thursday, Kolaches from the drug rep!

Have new temptations now, but everyone here has seen me drop 25 lbs so I feel I have to keep up the good work and not partake in the sweets.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options

At the physical therapy clinic I work at patients bring in YUMMY DELISH things all the time and it's so frustrating!

Every now and then you'll get the patient that brings in the edible art fruit baskets and those are great.......but not often enough!!:explode: :angry: :grumble:

yeah, I work at a family practice and the cookies are from a drug rep!! Come on!! Hee hee!

Oh do I remember those days! That is part of how I gained all the weight I did. Every Thursday, Kolaches from the drug rep!

Have new temptations now, but everyone here has seen me drop 25 lbs so I feel I have to keep up the good work and not partake in the sweets.
    What are Kolaches?
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options

What are Kolaches?

Like a pig in a blanket, only square. Also, cream cheese rolls, rolls with jelly.
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    Why is it that people feel the need to bring junk food to say thank you?? Especially into a Dr's office??? Seems a little ironic!