Down 26 lbs with pics :-)

Options
FoxCarter
FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
First Picture Post Ever!
For my daughter's 7th birthday party in 2010, we had a rollerskating party. After seeing pictures of me looking like a giant , bulky trannie on wheels, I decided it was time for a change. After a few modest, but well intention-ed, attempts, I found MFP and I was able to get 26lbs off in the course of 6 months. I've maintained a slow, but steady pace. I didn't want to lose weight quickly, I wanted to learn how - what - and in what quantity to eat. I wanted to build my self esteem and change my outlook. I wanted to change my self and my body. I'm about half way to my goal and the physical changes are nothing compared to the internal changes I have made.
Thanks to EVERONE at MFP.

Before:
027%2B%25281024x768%2529.jpg060%2B%25281024x768%2529.jpg
(The second pic is the one that made me want to change)

Now (during):
October 2011 December 2011
IMAG0053.jpgIMAG0223.jpg

Replies

• themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! congrats!!
  • BreakThruComing
    Options
    Awesome progress!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    looking great keep up the great work
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations and continued success...........
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    you are on your way and doing a great job!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...You look fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great, and very happy - keep it up!
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look great! Slow and steady really is the only way to go. I've lost 15lbs quickly so many times, and then just gained it all back. This time I'm taking it slower and actually learning how to eat healthily, instead of "dieting".
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow Jen...you look fabulous!!! Congratualtions!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Amazingly Beautiful! SOOOOOO excited & happy for you & proud to be a part of your Journey XOXOXO
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous, healthier, more mature, and just plain awesome!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Great job - to be honest? You are ALREADY looking younger too!
  • FoxCarter
    Options
    Awww....thanks you guys!
    The support here at MFP is priceless....seriously
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • BMARYLYNN
    BMARYLYNN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • thinmomsoon
    thinmomsoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great, no longer like a bulky tranny on wheels, just had to add that because it made me laugh out loud when I read what you wrote. Keep up the great work! Slow and steady is great, I am going that route too, I was frustrated at first, but I am sticking with it and will get this weight off.
  • FoxCarter
    Options
    You just don't understand how I towered over those small 7-year olds! I'm tall to begin with, but put me on rollerskates....I become a force to reckon with!
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference, you're glowing in the 2nd set of pics and ur hair is shining too. Congratulations and keep going, cause ur worth it! :)
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Really nice progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!