What unhealthy foods can't you resist on Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Fudge, and egg nog
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    The normal Christmas cookies and other treats that I make every year. Most go to other people as gifts, but I do keep a bit of chex mix, some chocolate covered pretzels, and cookies here at home. I will just have to watch my portions on them when I decide to indulge (aka, 2 cookies... not 5).

Also, dessert after Christmas dinner. I have the dinner figured out including my serving sizes, but dessert is going to be hard. I'm thinking a trifle with angel food cake...

Oh and my morning cinnamon roll while watching the Disney Christmas Parade!
  • bananagrabber
    bananagrabber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We always end up getting Indian food and I know it's super fatty with all the cream but I doubt I can resist!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Someone in my family always makes those crockpot meatballs with grape jelly and some other ingredient that I can't remember right now. And every year I always say I'm not going to eat them b/c they give me horrible heartburn...and then I still end up eating the dang things.

And I know my sister is going to make my mom's sugar/butter decorated cookies and I will simply must have some of those.

We make those meatballs for ALL gatherings, whether it be a weekend at the lake or beach or an actual holiday!
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wine! lol. Usually my mom and I break out the Mimosas by 9am. I wont be logging on Christmas. Hell, I might take the entire weekend off!

p.s. I live in Utah and have to give a major shout out to the funeral potatoes!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    With 40 days of lent to look forward to...
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Tamales... omg.. especially the ones filled with cream cheese and jalapeno!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    We don't have family here (just the 4 of us), so my only temptations will be whatever I make. My downfall is sweets, but I can't NOT make cookies for Christmas time. So I'll just have to be very observant of how many I eat instead of eating them all day long!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and this amazing fontina cheese appetizer that I make!!!
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In my family we tend to try different meals each Christmas dinner instead of sticking to the familiar baked ham, mashed potatoes, etc. However we do have one food tradition that I look forward to every year; early Christmas morning before the whole family wakes up I make a pot of coffee and bake a batch of Grands Cinnamon Rolls. I never eat them any other time of the year so they have become a special Christmas morning treat for our family. I know there are better and healthier homemde options that don't involve popping open a can, but in my mind the familiar gooey rolls can't be beat. I will probably ravish my rolls this christmas and really try not to feel guilty for eating something so unhealthy. Associating food with guilt and negative emotion is a huge problem of mine.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    everything except the lutafisk...
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    gravy, shortbread, clodhoppers, baileys, mimosas, bilinis...and I wouldn't even want to resist them :)
  • gardengal01
    Options
    Sausage rolls and mashed potatoes
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    EVERYTHING! On this day I will focus on eating very very very very very slow ~ and holding back on appetizers the best I can!!!
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    For me, it would be: cheese souffle, sausage patties, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, and chocolate cream pie
  • bhawk82
    bhawk82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Macaroni & cheese!! Love it.
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My dad's homemade cinnamon rolls... mmmm... drool....
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Anything that has bread, cheese, potatoes, and meat in it. Oh, and wine. But I can never say no to wine no matter what time ir year (or day) it is
  • MrObundles
    MrObundles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Homemade Cherry Cheesecake and candied yams.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    We don't have family here (just the 4 of us), so my only temptations will be whatever I make. My downfall is sweets, but I can't NOT make cookies for Christmas time. So I'll just have to be very observant of how many I eat instead of eating them all day long!

Exactly have to make cookies at Christmas its not a holiday if you do not especially if you have children. Since there is only 3 of us I sent 1/2 of my cookies to the local soup kitchen for the homeless for their dinner. That way I do not eat them. :)