Is your SO jealous of MFP?

Options

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    "It's just weird"
    is what I get

I get this one too. I try not to get on too often while we are together. Unless he is flipping channels at the speed of light, then all bets are off.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    "It's just weird"
    is what I get

I get this one too. I try not to get on too often while we are together. Unless he is flipping channels at the speed of light, then all bets are off.

Yeah, I think maybe he just doesn't get it.....why on earth would I want to spend time on a fitness website? I MUST be doing something shady.....lol
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think my husband thinks I'm up to no good on here. He is jealous that I'm conversing with other people and not him.
    I feel so guilty when I'm browsing the forums or looking at my news feed.....and I AM NOT doing anything wrong!!! It's annoying...

I love that you are on all the time but take it from me, when your with him, stay off your phone, and not just MFP. I have been in his shoes.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    No. I used to waste just as much time on facebook so it really didn't make a difference. And he's usually watching tv, playing a video game, or online so it doesn't really matter.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I think my husband thinks I'm up to no good on here. He is jealous that I'm conversing with other people and not him.
    I feel so guilty when I'm browsing the forums or looking at my news feed.....and I AM NOT doing anything wrong!!! It's annoying...

I love that you are on all the time but take it from me, when your with him, stay off your phone, and not just MFP. I have been in his shoes.

Thanks. I know, I have to try to remember that....:heart:
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does get a little jealous sometimes. He complains that I'm on mfp so much. He's been supportive the rest of the way though - he'll cook with me and he's following my diet as well. I really appreciate that he's been so positive for the majority of this process.

Edit: He doesn't think I'm up to no good on mfp... I think it just bothers him that I'll spend time logging all my food in and checking out the forums rather than watch tv or something with him.
  • ljholmann
    Options
    My husband is very supportive. He helps me with grocery shopping & cooking nutritional meals for the two of us. Plus he has never been the jealous sort.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    He's not jealous, but he does like to remind me that I'd burn more calories if I'd go for a walk instead of browsing the message boards.

lol...that's funny, and so true!
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    No, but If I ever get caught making out with my phone, I'm gonna have some 'splaining to do.

lol! :laugh:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    No, I married an adult.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    no, but i'm very aware of the time I spend with him and I don't want to be on MFP when he is home from work. I'd rather spend time with him anyways! I check in usually once in the evening to complete my diary, but most of my chit-chatting with friends occurs during the day while we are both at work.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    No! He actually really likes it, he always wants to know how my friends on here are doing. He agrees that it's been instrumental in my weight loss :)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Is he jealous and not trusting? That would probably be the reason then. If your SO gets jealous of strangers on message boards, then there may be an issue...
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    "It's just weird"
    is what I get

Yeah, I think maybe he just doesn't get it.....why on earth would I want to spend time on a fitness website? I MUST be doing something shady.....lol

My SO is on here as well so it isn't a problem for us. If your husband doesn't get it, give him your log in info and let him come take a look for himself. Some people say that's giving up your privacy, but if he's just curious and can browse around, he'll see it is harmless
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    No, I married an adult.

That's a little disrespectful to the OP. Some people have trust issues, myself included. I thank the people who can be patient with us
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Is he jealous and not trusting? That would probably be the reason then. If your SO gets jealous of strangers on message boards, then there may be an issue...

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a bigger problem then just the website itself. May need to sit down and have a chat about it...he may not even realize how jealous he is acting.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

It's a trust problem or an attention problem or both. Either way, when your on your phone or MFP becomes more important than your SO it will create a big problem. I know this first hand. Now if they were doing it together and he was a part of MFP it might be a different story but that doesn't sound like the case here.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sounds like insecurity to me and it's two-pronged: 1) you're doing something to better yourself and he's not a part of it. 2) he's jealous and jealousy is about control. My ex politely asked that I give up my Facebook account because he hated that I had male friends. I did delete it at the time but I would never do that again for ANYONE. I did it to try to get him off my back but then it quickly turned into other things. He'd have had me covered head-to-toe in burlap if he could have.

Once you allow them to dictate your actions it quickly goes downhill. Some people might suggest that you get him to join you but I don't think that's a good idea. He needs to trust you.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    My husband is not jealous but he does think I spend a lot of time talking to my FABULOUS MFP friends. However he doesn't get mad. I am still a great mother and wife so there's nothing to complain about! :drinker: