did you watch biggest loser finale?!?!

cNhobbes
cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
edited October 6 in Chit-Chat
so this season was the first time i'd ever watched the biggest loser. loved it and found it inspiring most of the time (when it wasn't just being a reality show numbers game). but o m gggggggg i was totally dissapointed that John won. was anyone else disgusted with his speeches during the finale? he said he's never accomplished anything good in his adult life....BUT HE'S GOT TWO KIDS AND A WIFE SITTING IN THE AUDIENCE! :mad: he said to bob what a genious he is and how appreciative he is....BUT TOTALLY DISSED his other awesome trainer Dolvett who really tried to connect with him. i was totally disgusted and thought he was incredibly selfish up there. :angry:

what did you guys think of the finale?

aaaaand let the trolling begin

Replies

• Uggg. I never liked that John guy...He was so focused on the game that he lost sight of his true journey...He will never keep the weight off. IMHO...He was a smug azzhat!!! "Never accomplished anything good..." I would have so left his *kitten* just for that comment....
  • cNhobbes
    abazoo i CONCUR!!! i think antone or ramone were more deserving. they have obviously made an impact on their family and friends and their new outlook on life is so uplifting! every time they spoke i had a big grin on my face. :happy:
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    I'd have to agree with you. Gave all the credit to Bob! Then he even said, I have to weigh in??? Did he think he could just win and NOT weigh in??
    I didn't like Anna and it looks like she's not coming back next season, but they didn't even talk to her all night!
    This was the first season I watched much of at all and I liked it but sometimes they are LONG. It's not going to get me off the couch and moving when I'm watching a show for that long! LOL!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    I watched it, and I have never liked John... I bet if we catch up with him later on he will have gained all of his weight back... I really think Ramone or Antone should have won. Because of their attitudes and how dedicated they are to getting back into their normal lives. They both went back to work, but still work out/hang out with their families. John didn't go back to work and is having his wife do everything for him, for goodness sakes they have an autistic child, I think she could have used some help.

End personal rant.
  • I am with you guys. I bet they never go back and do a Where Are They Now episode with him...He will never keep it off.
  • cNhobbes
    I watched it, and I have never liked John... I bet if we catch up with him later on he will have gained all of his weight back... I really think Ramone or Antone should have won. Because of their attitudes and how dedicated they are to getting back into their normal lives. They both went back to work, but still work out/hang out with their families. John didn't go back to work and is having his wife do everything for him, for goodness sakes they have an autistic child, I think she could have used some help.

End personal rant.

dadz i'm in TOTAL agreement w you!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    first of all i hated the new format.....i much more would have preferred to see all the past contestants do their "final" weigh ins on the scale on the stage for all to share in the excitement of their accomplishments, the way it has ALWAYS been done....

john is a tool and deserved to win only in that he lost the highest percentage of weight...unfortunately for him and his family, i do not think he will keep it off....his wife is clearly overworked and does not take care of herself and i do not see him pitching in anytime soon so that she can work on herself, which she desperately needs to do....

i liked dolvett and was happy to see he will be around next season, i had read anna was out so i wasnt surprised by her not being "active" in the finale and well bob and the way jennifer fawned over him was just creepy....she was weird the entire time she was on the show and it continued into the finale....she did a great job losing the weight and winning the at home prize....

i loved how great sunny and becky looked and would have loved to see them celebrate their amazing losses on the scale as well as joe....

i hope next season they go back to the old way of doing the finale...just my two cents added in :)
    denise
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    first of all i hated the new format.....i much more would have preferred to see all the past contestants do their "final" weigh ins on the scale on the stage for all to share in the excitement of their accomplishments, the way it has ALWAYS been done....

john is a tool and deserved to win only in that he lost the highest percentage of weight...unfortunately for him and his family, i do not think he will keep it off....his wife is clearly overworked and does not take care of herself and i do not see him pitching in anytime soon so that she can work on herself, which she desperately needs to do....

i liked dolvett and was happy to see he will be around next season, i had read anna was out so i wasnt surprised by her not being "active" in the finale and well bob and the way jennifer fawned over him was just creepy....she was weird the entire time she was on the show and it continued into the finale....she did a great job losing the weight and winning the at home prize....

i loved how great sunny and becky looked and would have loved to see them celebrate their amazing losses on the scale as well as joe....

i hope next season they go back to the old way of doing the finale...just my two cents added in :)
    denise

^^^You pretty much covered exactly every single thing I thought and saved me alot of typing! thank you =D
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Not gonna lie, I threw the remote and turned off the TV as soon as he was announced as the winner. I couldn't stand him throughout the ENTIRE season and I'm so disappointed that he won. I really liked Antone and wanted him to win. John just seemed like an asshat and gave no credit to the real people that deserved it. I guarantee he gains all his weight back!!!
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    so this season was the first time i'd ever watched the biggest loser. loved it and found it inspiring most of the time (when it wasn't just being a reality show numbers game). but o m gggggggg i was totally dissapointed that John won. was anyone else disgusted with his speeches during the finale? he said he's never accomplished anything good in his adult life....BUT HE'S GOT TWO KIDS AND A WIFE SITTING IN THE AUDIENCE! :mad: he said to bob what a genious he is and how appreciative he is....BUT TOTALLY DISSED his other awesome trainer Dolvett who really tried to connect with him. i was totally disgusted and thought he was incredibly selfish up there. :angry:

what did you guys think of the finale?

aaaaand let the trolling begin

Hadn't seen the finally, yet, but OMFG.... I HATE that John won! He seems VERY selfish. I feel that he's the type of person that loses weight, and thinks, "I can do sooo much better." Then, leaves his wife and kids for some chick he wouldn't have been able to get had he not lost weight. I call it the "Lap Band Syndrome". People forget about who they were, where they were, and who stuck by them through EVERYTHING. Truly disappointing that John won. Two thumbs down.
  • I agree 100% . . . John winning last night kind of makes me want to "boycott" BL from now on! I know it isn't "rigged" or anything like that but he is so pompous and smug . . and he was really rude to the other players most of the season ~ and he totally dissed the other trainers ~ I can only hope he "repays" his wife by allowing her to get some workout time in and a makeover for herself! She deserves it after what she did for him!!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    I SOOOOOO did not want John to win! I also noticed he gave Dolvette the cold shoulder in his speech. I am glad Dolvette is on the next season. He makes a great addition to the show!
    Also, Bob needs to look into a restraining order! That is a total "Misery" scenario waiting to happen! LOL!
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member

denise

^^^You pretty much covered exactly every single thing I thought and saved me alot of typing! thank you =D

^^^^^ Ditto (even less typing)
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member

denise

^EXACTLY my thoughts, too!!! :)
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member

denise

I always watch thebiggest loser finale, but last nigh only watched the first 20-minutes, i really hated the new format..
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    We'll see John back in a year or so. He'll weigh about 350, have a new trophy wife who will leave him after he gains all the weight back, and he'll be back doing all that fake emotional stuff he used to try to sell us all on his seriousness.
    Dude wouldn't last 2 minutes at an AA meeting, before being called out on his BS.
    Just sayin..
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I missed the finale but I have watched the whole season so I peeked online to see who won. I hate that. I just hate seeing people with ugly attitudes win something. Yeah, he "deserved" it because he lost the most but he didn't come across as a nice man.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    The Biggest Loser is an encyclopedia of what NOT to do.

These people are about as daft as Oprah Winfrey when it comes to yo yo crash diets.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    By the sound of it I won't be watching this series when it comes to the UK!!
  • It was very anit-climatic and John did not even invite his family up to join him as most REAL WINNERS would do.
    <3 Dolvette
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    I wasn't going to click on this thread cause I haven't watched yet. Now I don't even know if I want too, I was hoping Antone would have won. It wouldn't surprise me either if John gained his weight back, I think he was focused on the prize versus the healthy new lifestyle.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    I am glad I am not the only one totally ticked off at John winning, and I too did NOT enjoy the new format!!!

One other thing that kept bothering me the whole show was Alison's left boob in that dress... She needed a better bra! it was misshaped and lumpy. Whom ever dressed her needs to be smacked.
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    And let's just say it. It was BORING.
  • I am glad I am not the only one totally ticked off at John winning, and I too did NOT enjoy the new format!!!

One other thing that kept bothering me the whole show was Alison's left boob in that dress... She needed a better bra! it was misshaped and lumpy. Whom ever dressed her needs to be smacked.

ROFL, I was thinking the same thing!
  • I was not happy that John won. He was the only one who "played the game". If you watched the whole season, you would see the others volunteering to go home so someone else wouldn't have to. I agree that he will gain the weight back. But OMG didn't Becky look absolutely GORGEOUS!! And Vinny looked amazing too!!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Vinny is who I pulled for all season. He was in my audition group and I adored him. Genuine guy who just makes people laugh. I do not like John I think he is a pompous *kitten* and I want him to gain it all back.

The twins from last season, they still looked great. I agree with everyone responding to the thread. Lol
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    I agree with everyone else, John will gain back just because of the attitude. He was just in it for the game aspect of it just from the things he said and did all season. I really liked Dolvett, but not Anna so much. I was pulling for Antone and Ramon too, but they will do awesome after all the dust settles because I truly think they were in it for the right reasons... Time will tell.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    I was totally disappointed with the whole kit-n-kaboodle last night. :grumble: I thought Vinny or Patrick had the at home prize in the bag and I WANTED TO RIP JOHN A NEW ONE!!!! I can't stand that guy! He's about as fake a frickin barbie doll. I could not believe how he went on and on about Bob (don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bob) and didn't even acknowledge all the hard work Dolvett put in with him! What a douche bag!! I thought he was arrogant and obnoxious through the whole season. I was rooting for Antone all the way. I would have been happy with Ramone too, but SWEET LORDY why did it have to be JOHN??? He's totally going to gain it all back. All he cared about was winning, not getting healthier. It was totally obvious. :explode: :angry: :mad:

The whole show seemed drawn out and I was getting really annoyed with the whole thing. Seemed really unorganized and frazzled. Ugh...hope next season is better...
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    I am glad I am not the only one totally ticked off at John winning, and I too did NOT enjoy the new format!!!

ROFL, I was thinking the same thing!

Now I'm going to be checking out her boobs soon...lol
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    I agree with everyone about John.. i think he will gain the weight back..if you remember the show before the marathon when they were at home john was doing nothing but workout letting his wife do all the cooking,cleaning ect..
    i loved how everyone looked. hope they go back to the old set up so we can watch them all weigh in.
This discussion has been closed.