When is the best time to buy new clothes?

Options
ok.. lost 32 lbs and now my clothes look too big on me... i want to buy clothes but im afraid that i might lose more weight and than the new clothes wont fit me..

when is the best time to buy new clothes?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I buy jeans and sweaters from Goodwill - guilt free shopping whilst shredding!!!
  • Demetrisd
    Options
    That is a good idea
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    its hard. I am down 15-17 pounds and already my jeans dont fit, but i know i am going ot get smaller. I will try goodwill, and if not, buy a pair or two to get me by, but not a whole new wardrobe. yet.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Host a clothing exchange!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    when your cloths stops fitting (as in they're falling off), but new cloths. throw out the old cloths. dont hold on to anything that doesnt fit. (wither its too big or too small). buy cloths that fits your body NOW.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    pin them up until further notice
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    january sales? at least then if you are going to loose more weight and the clothes wont fit you after a few months, you havent payed full price for them and you can always sell them on to other people and earn a little bit of money :).
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK I have got a lot of my new clothes from charity shops. As I intend to lose more weight it seems pointless buying lots of new stuff and it is environmentally good to recycle clothes. I have also given all my old "big" clothes to the charity shop for others to enjoy!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores have a lot of really nice items. Buy there and then when they are to big, give them to a friend.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    We like to shop at second hand stores for some clothing. I think that's a good way to get clothes that will hold you over until you can splurge on better clothes once you hit your ideal.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    THRIFT STORES!!!!!!! YOU CAN GET SOME GREAT CLOTHES!

My entire closet is thrift! I get tons of compliments too!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have bought a pair of jeans in an in-between size, simply because I think it's important to feel good in your clothes. I'm just not as comfortable in my pants that are too big, I feel a lot better wearing clothes that actually fit. I just try not to spend much on clothes as long as I'm not at my goal weight yet.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you're having a hard time keeping your pants up, it's time. LOL I agree, shop somewhere budget-friendly if you are afraid of buying things that you won't be able to use for long. Thrift shops, clearance racks, even asking friends if they have anything that might work for you that they're not using. Or you can go to a tailor/seamstress and have your old clothes taken in a bit. But that will cost money, too.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    for those of us who are in the bigger sizes, check the closet first - we tend to hold on to all of our sizes. it's harder to shop @ thrift stores, re: afforementioned size hoarding, so if you can't find anything there, it costs not much more to have the clothes taken in. i just went closet shopping this weekend and found a few things that will come out now.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hey; what a great problem to have - congratulations!

The reality is that we must buy new stuff as we go or walk around the office looking like we came from the Salvation Army.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I say when your clothes get too big! You want to show off this new body even if it isn't where you want it yet! If you don't feel good in your clothes, it can be hard to feel good about yourself. So, if you don't like the way they look on you, get new ones! If you don't mind, wait until you start to feel frumpy in your too big clothes! (You could see your old clothes on ebay...I had several expensive items that no longer fit me so I sold them on ebay and got cash for new stuff...)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    When you have money to burn.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great moment! Buy new ones when your old ones are way too big!! If you are only partially to goal then just buy enough to get by on. I am going to take in some some stuff - blouses and the like, and if you can't do it yourself it is an inexpensive way to get new life into your clothes! But trousers, jeans etc I had to buy! You can try charity shops - it is amazing what you can pick up and of course it all goes to a good cause. I also take my old clothes to them as well - kind of recycling! Good luck!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That's what I did, too. I did buy a couple of new things along the way to goal, but found I wasn't in them very long. Then I waited to reach goal and maintain for awhile, before I bought new. It can get pretty expensive if you buy new along the way.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Unlike me, you probably want to buy new pants before they drop off you in the produce department!! SO glad no one saw that!!

If you think you've got more weight to lose just get the bare minimum so you're not getting rid of clothes you were only able to use for a couple of months. I've gone from an XXL to a S in shirts and from 42 to 29 in pants over a year and a half. I've given away so much clothing that had barely been touched, including some shirts that never got the tags off.

Buy when you must and be minimal until you're at your final weight.